New to Myfitnesspal

Options
I am new to this website!! Just heard about it today. After reading some of the other blogs, I am excited to be starting an account and getting on the right track with my weight loss!

I hear that having a support group helps in a lot of different ways and can help motivate you. I am a dispatcher and sit in a chair for 12 hours 3-4 days and am finding it very hard to find/make time to exercise. Any advice would help and ideas on some quick but good workouts would greatly appreciated.

Let the weight loss start!

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I used to be a dispatcher. I still have an office job, so I have to make time to exercise to try to make up for it. I work out right after work, first thing, don't even look at the mail until my workout is over!
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    Having the motivation to workout can be difficult but it's totally a lifestyle change that you need to make if you really want to get serious about losing weight. I choose to do my workouts right when I wake up because I know I won't when I get home. I don't even press the snooze button. If I do I'm in big trouble! I got some great advice on working out which was to make it non-negotiable as if it's a doctor appointment or a meeting or your work shift. Make it just as important and not something that you can push aside for other plans. If a friend asks you to go out for dinner but you know you have to workout that day, reschedule your dinner!

I say this to myself every single day when I wake up and I'm now on my 6th week of working out 6 days a week and eating right!

You can do this. Find AWESOME people on here, there's a bunch! Only keep those who motivate you and help you push towards your goals. Not everyone uses this site for what its meant for. This is a great website to help you keep on track but it's up to you how you use it so take advantage and use it to the fullest!

Good luck!