kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
In the book I am reading it recs it?
Not sure I believe supplements wil make any big difference

Kim

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if taking Hoodia or 5-HTP will wreck the effects of vitamin supplements? :)
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    I know nothing about 5HTP but IMO Hoodia is one of the biggest weight loss scams going. When it first hit the market I did a lot of research on it and found that only 1 pharmaceutical company holds the rights to the plant to process it for weight loss meds but they have been unsuccessful in doing so. The Hoodia on the market is likely from the US or Mexico which is not the same as the Hoodia from Africa.

Id say...save your money and your health as there have been reports that the fillers in the pills are anything from sand to wood. I wouldnt trust it.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Thanks and sorry, just to clarify was asking if taking Hoodia or 5-HTP helped anyone with loosing weight or carb cravings
    The new book I am reading recs it

Thanks, kim
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Thanks and sorry, just to clarify was asking if taking Hoodia or 5-HTP helped anyone with loosing weight or carb cravings
    The new book I am reading recs it

Thanks, kim

I understood the query....I just thought by giving the info it would come across as a big resounding no. Since the pills are fake, weight loss isnt likely.

I will admit [although I hate doing it] that I DID take Hoodia for months when it first came out....no loss at all...it just made me sick. That's when I started doing the research on it.
This discussion has been closed.