What's the best gift you ever got?

Options
2»

Replies

• SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    A 1892 edition of Darwin's Origin of the Species. My boyfriend gave it to me for my birthday knowing I'm a science geek. :heart:
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Best gift I ever gave was probably salon account. My wife was terrible about going into the salon and spending money on herself and was always worried about the money she was spending so she would go a long time between visits. So one year for her birthday I went in and opened up an account at the salon with a pretty big balance and set it up so they call me whenever she is getting within a visit or two of emptying her account. Told her it is all paid for money is already there and spent so go use it and she does. She doesn't touch money just signs receipt tip and everything. This gift keeps on giving as she is still set up this way and this was started about 4 years ago I believe.

PS my wife's birthday is Valentines Day so gifts have to be double good!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    My family pitched in for a laptop as a graduation present. That was awesome as all get out.

More recently I got $160 cash for my bday...it was great.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Best gift I ever gave was probably salon account. My wife was terrible about going into the salon and spending money on herself and was always worried about the money she was spending so she would go a long time between visits. So one year for her birthday I went in and opened up an account at the salon with a pretty big balance and set it up so they call me whenever she is getting within a visit or two of emptying her account. Told her it is all paid for money is already there and spent so go use it and she does. She doesn't touch money just signs receipt tip and everything. This gift keeps on giving as she is still set up this way and this was started about 4 years ago I believe.

PS my wife's birthday is Valentines Day so gifts have to be double good!
    This would be amazing! You are a good gifter!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It has just been one of those week, months, years for me since last March...I've felt pretty run down and unengaged with the world. Sooooo....last night I pulled into the driveway and before I can step out of the door of the truck my boys and wife are out there to greet me. That was cool and perked me up. They then helped me with some groceries i picked up and proceeded to grab my breifcase so I wasn't carrying anything, and ushered me in the door. As I get in my wife hands me some flannel pants and a nice shirt to change into. On the table is an amazing dinner. Not just that, but as I was sat by my boys, I look down and they put my feet in a nice hot bowl of water in front of the chair, all while my wife plops an ice cold beer in front of me. I said grace and thanked them, but they just giggled and said, "it's your night Dad and we have more".

After dinner they moved me to the couch and the boys had big smiles and whipped out the massge lotion. Wow. They gave me a wonderful foot massage while I just chilled with my wife next to me until it was time to put the boys to bed. I took them upstairs and noticed our bedroom was only lit by candles with some of my favorite Vivaldi playing. I got those kids to bed rather quickly! ;)

My wife and I spent some time together, inclduing I had a full body massage...etc. :)

Feel asleep so deeply spooning my honey and being humbled at how amazingly blessed I am in life.

This was just "because", on a Wednesday night in February.

I felt like a king.

563667_4237621460442_1466951308_n.jpg
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    It has just been one of those week, months, years for me since last March...I've felt pretty run down and unengaged with the world. Sooooo....last night I pulled into the driveway and before I can step out of the door of the truck my boys and wife are out there to greet me. That was cool and perked me up. They then helped me with some groceries i picked up and proceeded to grab my breifcase so I wasn't carrying anything, and ushered me in the door. As I get in my wife hands me some flannel pants and a nice shirt to change into. On the table is an amazing dinner. Not just that, but as I was sat by my boys, I look down and they put my feet in a nice hot bowl of water in front of the chair, all while my wife plops an ice cold beer in front of me. I said grace and thanked them, but they just giggled and said, "it's your night Dad and we have more".

After dinner they moved me to the couch and the boys had big smiles and whipped out the massge lotion. Wow. They gave me a wonderful foot massage while I just chilled with my wife next to me until it was time to put the boys to bed. I took them upstairs and noticed our bedroom was only lit by candles with some of my favorite Vivaldi playing. I got those kids to bed rather quickly! ;)

My wife and I spent some time together, inclduing I had a full body massage...etc. :)

Feel asleep so deeply spooning my honey and being humbled at how amazingly blessed I am in life.

This was just "because", on a Wednesday night in February.

I felt like a king.

HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!