Oatmeal Protein Pancakes

Options
lvfunandfit
lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
4 egg whites
1 c. cottage cheese
1/2 c. oatmeal (or 1/4 c. wheat germ and 1/4 c. oatmeal)
2 tbsp. oil
1/4 tsp. salt

Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix thoroughly. Drop by tablespoons onto a hot, greased (use cooking spray or olive oil/grapeseed oil) frying pan or griddle. Serves 3-4. (I add 1 cup of your favorite fruit chopped after mixing in blender.)

OR

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
* 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese (or tofu)
* 4 egg whites
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions

1. Process the oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a blender until smooth.
2. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add the batter and cook over medium heat until both sides are lightly browned.

OR

if you like to use protein powder:

Ingredients:

• 4 egg whites
• 1/3 cup dry oatmeal
• 1 scoop low-carb protein powder
• 1/2 banana sliced
--you may need to add a couple table spoons of non fat milk to thin if you don't like yours thick.

Instructions:

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Spray frying pan with cooking spray and cook mixture as you do regular pancakes. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, sweetener, or sugar-free syrup. Variation: Substitute other fruits in the mixture, such as sliced strawberries, or have none at all.

OR

Ingredients:

1 cup fat free milk (or water)*
3/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked, quick or regular oats)
3/4 cup oatmeal flour (How to Make Oatmeal Flour)
1 tsp baking powder (optional)
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
4 large egg whites
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground

Try these modifications:

Blueberry pancakes: Add ¼ c blueberries (fresh or thawed) to recipe and omit cinnamon
Oat-Nut pancakes: Add 1 ½ tbsp diced pecans, walnuts, or almonds to recipe.
Whole Grain pancakes: Replace quick oats with hot multigrain cereal. Prepare as directed.
High protein pancakes: Add 1-2 scoops vanilla protein to batter, increase water.

Directions:
Heat milk (or water) until hot, stir in oats and set aside. Beat egg whites into a stiff foam with hand mixer or blender and reserve. Mix remaining dry ingredients together and stir in oatmeal/milk mixture. Fold in egg whites until mixture is well blended. . Spray pan with nonstick spray and cook pancakes until browned on both sides.

*Depending on how long you've let the oats sit, you may need to add a little extra water to the batter to thin it out. It will still be thicker than regular pancake batter

Nutritional Information for 5 Pancakes:
Per Serving: Calories- 313 Carbs- 48.8g Protein- 19.5g Fat- 4.5g Fiber- 6.3g

Stella's Kitchen Tip: Double Do It! When preparing good food like these oatmeal pancakes from scratch, it's a smart idea to double the recipe and freeze the extra portions in individual portions. This saves money and time and also ensures you get optimum nutrition even when you're on the go.

Also great cold... my husband likes his with peanut butter mixed in. I'm allergic, so I can't tell you if it's good. I top mine with some almond butter and fresh fruit.

Replies

• chelle4tsc
    Options
    These sound delicious. I look forward to trying them. I could make a big batch and freeze some for a quick breakfast.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for sharing! Gonna make those tomorrow for brunch!!! :smile:
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    These sound great!!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    yum!

I've done some with ww flour but i like the idea of the oats