Patience

Options
I have been working with MFP since January, 2013. Can't remember the date. I have learned more and more about my eating habits. I'm learning to recognize a portion size. I have started exercising, almost every day. I am in my mid-60's and this is new territory for me. But the last couple of days I have been thinking about *patience*. Patience with myself especially. I have done crash diets before, but this is more than about losing weight. I need to be healthier going into my old age. I need patience learning how to use MFP. I'm excited about the possibilities. AND, I'm having a good time tracking, learning, communicating with my buddies and reading the Message Boards. Here's to it!

Replies

• Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Patience is so hard! I've been at it a little longer, and I've done well, but I want more! And I went quite a while where I lost and gained the same 1-2 pounds and it was so frustrating, because I had been losing steadily. But I told myself that I'm going to be eating like this for the rest of my life, so I might as well stick with it. And after a while, I started losing again. But being patient is so hard sometimes!
  • oneheckavagirl
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Des, I love your UK - 25 pounds lost banner! Thanks for responding.
  • Navigator0811
    Options
    Great post and feel free to add me. Would love to see your progress. So inspiring to see your goals!
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm working on patience too. I want this excess weight off now! However I know this is a lifetime change and I'm in it for the long haul. Here's to our success!