Better than my sons!

Options
I was diagnosed with a rare Nervous System disorder about 10 years ago. I was bedridden and literally unable to function for most of that time. I was started on a new drug in 2010 which arrested most of my symptoms. I have had to learn how to walk, think, express myself, and become "Normal". Last year I learned how to ride a horse at a Therapeutic riding center for people with disability's. This year, with no walker or cane, I am going to loose the weight that I put on during my bedridden years. I have been working with a trainer in the gym since November 1012. My boys are always giving me a hard time about how slow and awkward I am. I take it in stride because I know that they mean well and are happy to see me functioning like a real Mom!

Recently, I found a series of You Tube videos that are short exercise workouts that I can do at home on the days that I don't go to the gym. They are only 10 minutes long, and are perfect for me since I tire easily still. Well, today I put it on and said to my 14 year old teenage sons (twins) "Come and do this with me, it's only 10 minutes long." They said "Oh Mom, that will be too easy!" 3 minutes into the exercise they couldn't do any more! They wanted to quit! I got to tease them through the entire 10 minutes that they were "Slow and Awkward!" LOL I was on top of the world today! It feels better than the day I could walk all day without a cane! I WAS BETTER THAN MY SONS!! YAY!! Even though it was only for 10 minutes! ;)

Replies

• shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great NSV! Good for you and wishing you much success!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great NSV! Good for you and wishing you much success!

This!
  • charovnitza
    Options
    That's fantastic! Your sons had better watch what they say, cause mama's gonna kick butt! :)
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Oofa.. I got tears.. Im SO proud of YOU!!!!
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Haha we often surprise ourselves don't we? Way to go!!
  • coopsm87
    coopsm87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Soo awesome!!! Amazing!!
  • Marg3030
    Marg3030 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think you will have more days like this and your boys will be happy for you too :smile:
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    Your whole post is inspiring, but this part:

"I was on top of the world today! It feels better than the day I could walk all day without a cane! I WAS BETTER THAN MY SONS!! YAY!! Even though it was only for 10 minutes! ;) "

Made me tear up and laugh at the same time. Awesome. You're awesome.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Great job & congratulations!!!

Look out, boys...!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    This made me happy. :)
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You know, I urge you to keep riding. It will help you more than you think!

Good luck.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    This is a truly amazing story! Congrats to you and good luck with your work out goals!! You are soooo amazing!!
  • Calabrisellamia
    Calabrisellamia Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Good for you:)
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    Options
    You make me feel shamed of my complaining!! Good for you!!
  • RYFBAR
    RYFBAR Posts: 45
    Options
    That is awesome, made me smile. Bet it felt great!
    Kids think they so tough :laugh:
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story. Thank you for sharing. So happy for you on your recovering health.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love this!! Good for you!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I'm so glad to hear you're recovering and gaining strength. Go Mama!
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Victory! Be so proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!