Control Freak 'converting' to Road Map...

I'm not new to MFP, but very new to the whole Road Map philosophy. I've had great success getting back in shape, losing the weight (again) and feeling better, but know that dieting isn't permanent. IPOARM simply makes sense, but even though the logical me believes it, the emotional side doesn't want to give up the routine that has been successful (this time!)

Not really looking to add friends yet, but would appreciate comments from anyone who has struggled to 'let go' of the flawed, depriving limitations, or the sense of control that maintaining strict calorie deficits gave them. In customizing my goals, my daily calorie goal went from 1360 to 1700. I was already at a good ratio of 40% carbs, 30% each protein and fat.

I'm excited to see how I feel (and look) after a few weeks following this. I certainly don't feel hungry anymore!!

Replies

• claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    When I increased my calories, I "stalled" for about a month before the pounds started to drop again, but then they dropped fast. I would wait more than a few weeks to determine if increasing your calories works for you. Just stick with it. Your body will not be used to it at first, but then you will begin to lose weight again.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi! I actually thing the IPOARM is easier for me to stick too. I have the same amount of calories every day so it makes it easier to plan meals. I have more energy and I'm not as hungry on the days I don't work out. Good luck! I really think it works and is sustainable over the long haul.......
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    It's definitely easier to eat the same cals every day instead of jumping up and down based exercise--and eating more is MUCH wiser than starving yourself. I gained a few pounds at first, then I dropped them, and now I'm losing inches but not pounds. Just keep in mind it's a fat loss program, not just a weight loss program, so your progress will almost inevitably slow. But I love watching these inches come off while I lift heavy!