40 pounds lost with PCOS/Metabolic Syndrome.

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Loved the story and pics! I have PCOS too, diagnosed in the past few years. I've always been heavy but it got a lot worse quickly. Can't blame the PCOS on all of it :wink: Reading stories like these is always a great inspiration and kick in the pants.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes did you cut carbs and can you tell us how many calories you net ? You look wonderful! Good on you!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Beautiful job!!!!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Definite inspiration for the PCOSers! and I too love the polka dots!
  • wikkedpink
    wikkedpink Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes did you cut carbs and can you tell us how many calories you net ? You look wonderful! Good on you!

I try to keep my carbs under 100g a day and I usually net 1500 to 1600 hundred but I'm not super strict on that, sometimes more, sometimes less. :) Thank you!!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    looking good
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

I try to keep my carbs under 100g a day and I usually net 1500 to 1600 hundred but I'm not super strict on that, sometimes more, sometimes less. :) Thank you!!

That sounds really good. Nice and healthy too!
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love your dress and red shoes by the way!
  • wikkedpink
    Options
    Oh man, I am grinning from ear to ear today! Thank you all so much for the support, everyone! I didn't expect to get this much attention, and I surely never thought I'd be inspiring anyone, and I DEFINITELY didn't think so many people would approve of my fashion sense! :laugh:

You guys all rock, and you can all do whatever you put your mind to, especially if I can! :heart:
  • wikkedpink
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add... I got a new fancy scale today as well that measures a bunch of things, like body fat %, bone mass, muscle mass, total body water and weight and according to the scale (which seems very accurate and had very good reviews) my body fat percentage classifies me as overweight, no longer obese. (So screw you, BMI!) Woo!
  • xtina1129
    xtina1129 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, glucose intolerance/insulin resistance. It sucks. Congrats!!! I was down 50, then got upset after gaining 12 lbs in 2 days on vacation, and.. well... lost it. I'm back now, and working on reaching my goal.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    love the dress! you look great, congrats!
  • DaynaYvonnaBeNiceToYourself
    Options
    Awesome!!! That dress is super cute on you!! :happy:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You and your dress are beautiful!
  • wikkedpink
    Options
    You and your dress are beautiful!

:blushing: Aww shucks. Thank you very much!
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I have PCOS/metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance, too, although I think it has improved quite a bit since I've lost weight. I had VSG surgery in November and I'm down 53 lbs. Still have 30-ish to go. My surgeon and metabolic doc have both told me to be VERY careful if I don't want to get pregnant b/c losing all this weight will definitely increase fertility since we have the above-mentioned conditions! Crazy, since I had to have IVF to get pregnant in the first place due to my PCOS! In any case, you're doing awesome!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! You look great and I love love love that dress! I have PCOS too.
  • wikkedpink
    Options
    Wow I didn't know so many people on here had PCOS too! It sure is a pain in the butt! Thanks for all the support guys!!
  • Dewahll
    Options
    You're amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!