Gastric Bypass

Options
Looking for support from those who have had gastric bypass. I had it about 5 years ago, and have put about 20 pounds back on, after getting about 40 pounds from goal. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat! I had gastric bypass 6 years ago and I've put around 20 lbs back on too. Joined mfp the beginning of January and I'm seeing progress. Basically I've gone back to basics: lots of protein, exercise, i've stopped mindless snacking on crackers and chips- (salty crunchy is my downfall) Good luck to you, you can do this! Feel free to add me if you'd like for encouragement! :happy:
  • wendyiva
    wendyiva Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!! We have the same problem. I am 2 1/2 yrs out. I lost 142 in 6 months and all the sudden Bam! I stopped. I tried and tried to get back on track and it took a long time to finally get some weight back off, Well some of the weight. I still struggle but I am doing better.
    Going back to basics helped me alot. I even got my pouch. It streched alittle and I cut down on the size of my meals and now I can't eat as much and its almost like I just had my surgery. I did alot of studing on line and found websites that helped me. I us Atkins too. I have a friends thats 7-8 yrs out from her surgery, she went on Atkins. She lost 20 in 28 days. :happy:
    So just hang in there, it can be done!!!
  • pumpkelina
    Options
    I had my RNY in June 2005 and over the past 2years I have gained 36lbs. I was 20lbs from my goal weight when I found out I was pregnant with my second child. I struggle with sugar. I wish I would dump when I eat too much of it but i don't. I have been doing the same thing, back to basics. More protein, reduceing carbs, more water, etc. The most frustrating thing is that I see myself falling back into old habits and I refuse to go back to where I started on this journey so many years ago.