Is there anyone who suffer the same problem...I am helpless ;-(((

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Drink more to fill the space!!!
  • malilini
    Options
    You can work around it. I was a self-sabotaging night time eater as long as I can remember. Tried to fight it for a long time, got fat, learned a lesson. I leave most of my calories for late afternoon/evening. And just sometimes, a nice 100 kcal for a midnight nutella snack. Calories are calories, and your pancreas doesn't wear a watch. Budget your calories for when you typically get hungry and you'll be fine.
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    First make sure it is not emotional eating or thirst. If it is truly hunger every night than just have a snack and don't stress. The key is to plan it into your calorie allotment for the day.
  • Sirli_79
    Options
    I could go without eating any breakfast (I am not big fan of breakie anyway) and lunch. There is days when I am good all day by having healthy meals. But nights are like nightmares....visiting several times kitchen.
  • stacey2022
    stacey2022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have fat free cottage cheese w pepper and a table spoon of fat free ranch dressing on top in the evening and it FILLS me up!! Plus I read somewhere that eating cottage cheese for an evening snack is good for you!! Drink some water but not so much that u will be up to wee every hour!! If u like CC, try it!!! :)
  • shelbyeX
    Options
    i am a big midnight eater too, i don't get alot of sleep and sometimes by midnight or 2 am i am just hungry or bored or something. don't skip earlier meals nessesarily, just eat smaller breakfast like a banana and have a cup of yogurt at lunch instead of a full meal and use the heft of the calories later on and you might be less hungry for night time, however experts often say you should eat more in the morning then at night so idk. lol
  • Swooldridg
    Options
    Drink more to fill the space!!!

This. I sometimes struggle with night time hunger... if I wake up starving a chug a glass of water. :) Always helps. Best of luck!
  • klmetcalf89
    klmetcalf89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with saving up calories for the evening. Your body is craving the nutrion then so save up a couple hundred calories and have your midnight sack with a large glass of water. Learning to be hungry is also something im having to get use to as im 'trying to shrink the size of my stomach' as my husband says. It litterally is just going to take some time being hungry for you to get use to less calories in your system. Stick with it and DRINK LOTS of WATER.. it helps ease the hunger pains.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had a huge problem with this, too! Well, still do sometimes! I read somewhere that if you don't get enough carbs in through the day, that your brain could be telling you to eat more carbs at night. On the other hand, though, if you're eating too many processed, and sugary foods, that can also cause you to crave carbs. I also find that exercising at night really helps me a lot. I think I get really bored at night, and that's when those snacks start calling my name! You can do some jumping jacks if you don't have any equipment. I like to jump on the treadmill after my kids go to bed. I also allow enough calories so that I can have some sort of snack. I also stay up very late, so I do get hungry late at night, so I'll have a really small bowl of cereal with some almond milk. I also think that if you can just tell yourself no, and stop eating junk for just one night, it will be easier after that. Your body gets used to having certain things at certain times. Good luck!!! :D
  • Sirli_79
    Options
    I don't drink that much water,just don't like it but I will try now on. I have my coffee in the morning and not more than two cups max. Usually afternoon I drink lots of herbal tea with sweetener. I do love sweets but really trying to avoid to buy any when I do my food shopping. Because of my night eating I have put on some extra pounds/kilos. Need to lose about 19 pounds/ 9 kilos. I try to be active, therefor I go for a walk/power-walk or do a bit of running.
    I take all your advices on board and big tnx!!! Hope to get rid off this nasty habit soon. :smile:
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    You don't drink water???

HYDRATION IS THE KEY TO WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sirli_79
    Options
    If I go to the gym I do drink abit. I need to force myself to drink water,just don't like the taste...I just filled up my water bottle and will try today drink as much as I possible.:drinker:
  • EternaT
    EternaT Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Drinking a full glass of orange juice and a light snack just before bed has me stop eating in middle of the night.
  • n949
    n949 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm an NES sufferer. Looking for friends who can empathize. I go to bed at ten and wake up to eat carbs at 11 or 12 every stinkin night. I can't seem to break it.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a problem wth late night eating too. I save as many calories as I can for the evening.
    Small breakfast, small lunch.
    Large dinner broken down - first a salad, then the meat, then potatoes/rice/macaroni, then veggies -- spread out with a break between each item. I make a box of sugar-free jello every day and break it into two portions, which I eat with some light cool-whip. Then a fruit. ............and in between, cups of tea.

I recognize that I'm eating out of boredom - not because I'm hungry. I go on the computer, I do jigsaw puzzles, soduko, etc.
    I try to keep busy. But I don't work anymore because I'm disabled, and the days are long.

Plannng ahead is helpful.
  • JohnCalifornia
    JohnCalifornia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My vice is raisins and milk in the middle of the night. I just can't resist. Amazing how many calories these two foods pack.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing. I'm a guy and now only planning to lose weight at a very very slow pace so strictly speaking I don't think what I eat every day comes close to a real diet, so this may not work for you.

What I do is I eat a meal with plenty of carbs (but not sugar) at night like half an hour before sleep. So that means I have a fairly light evening meal at around 7pm and then wait until like 10pm or so and eat a small bowl of oatmeal with milk or like yesterday a subway sandwich. That time (9-10pm) is usually when my normal cravings for sugar or chips would start. There's plenty of calories in what I eat now but it still fits within the calories I want to be eating. And with it being fairly filling I don't desire to additionally eat unhealthy fatty salty sugary stuff.

I read the body wants to load up on carbs before sleep so I let it and just make it fit within my allowed calories. I am not sure whether it's good dieting practice to eat late night's it's probably not I just wanted to tell you what I do.