Hi, I'm new

Options
Need to lose about 20lbs., health wise I hope it works. This site was recommened by my Doctor.:happy:
Thought, I could just exercise and lose weight, but that just doesn't work.Quit smoking a few years back and I thought that was hard, but think this is even going to be harder!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you log all your food to keep track of your calories and track any exercise to account for those extra calories burned and this will be easier than you think. The site is very user friendly, easy, does all your calculating for you, and the community is great for support and advice. I think it's great that your Dr. told you about this site, it promotes healthy weight loss and makes it fun and easy!! Good luck, you can do it
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Yep you are right, excercising alone wont work, if you are still eating more calories than you are burning.

This sight helps in keeping you accountable, I made it my home page, so as I share my food and sit to it, I log exactly what I am eating, I tend to overestimate as well, because sometimes the system doesnt have the exact portion I have, usually has a larger one, so I tend to just put the larger amount.

You can do this, good luck, once you start keeping track of your diet, it will be a huge eye opener, because you will see exactly what is really going on.

Keep it strong
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Options
    Welcome.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I found meal planning help a lot! I also try to log my food before I put it in my mouth because you can still turn back if you find that it really doesn't fit in for the day.