Under Fat/Cholesterol Goal - Good/Bad??

Options
Ok so I have some questions about meeting the recommended calories/fat/protein goals. I eat pretty healthy, usually organic or natural foods that don't have very much butter or oil which means that by the time I meet my calorie goal, I am under my fat goal for the day. I make efforts to try and eat more nuts (peanut butter), eggs, and other naturally fatty foods to meet the recommended levels but most days it doesn't happen.

My question is, what does that mean as far as my body? It is bad for my articulations? Are there any negatives to eating less than the recommended grams of fat for the day?

This also applies for cholesterol. Unless I eat eggs, I am almost always way under for cholesterol.

Obviously, its a good thing if I am trying to lower my body fat (which I am) but I'd like to know if its unhealthy at all.

My food diary is open to the public if you want to take a closer look at what I am eating.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• vcheval307
    Options
    bump
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dietitian or nutritionist.. so they would probably have the best information for you. I do know that you need fats to absorb your fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K) I am usually on the low end of my fat intake.. but you seem to be consuming the right types of fat. Continue cooking with olive oil, eating avocados and nuts which all contain the healthy fats you need.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Your body makes enough cholesterol that it's unnecessary to get it through diet. Otherwise, vegans (which means no dietary cholesterol since it's only found in meat and animal products) would be dead. Fat is important for proper hormonal regulation. Aim for .35g x body weight.