Days off?

Options
How often do you give yourself a day off from working out? Do you relax a bit on calories those days too? I just started jogging about a week ago so I needed a break today - plus, it's raining!

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I take a rest day every monday.. the day before my weigh in.

I still eat the same amount of calories as my normal goal.. I just don't have the extra exercise cals to eat.

Jog in the rain though... it's fun!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I don't schedule any days to be off but if I don't have time or if I feel sick I'll stay home.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I rarely take a day off from exercise of some type... it may be at a light level but and just stretching or yoga but I do something every day especially since I have a dog to walk. I take them if I feel my body needs it though for sure, I just don't always feels that it does.
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you are new (or new again) to working out, especially running where your body will have to adapt to the stress on it, take days off when you feel like you need them. Depending on my goals I will schedule days off but if ever I feel like my body needs rest I will take the day off. Right now I work out 6 days a week, typically Tuesday is my off day. I purposely don't use weekend days as my day off as it is already easier to "let go" on my diet when my schedule is not as rigid as it is during the week.

As for calories on off days I think many people use off days as "cheat" days which I admit it easy to fall into that trap. If you aren't working out already (on an off day), why put MORE calories into your body on those days? I would try your best to keep the caloric intake the same. That said of course to stay sane you need to allow yourself a "treat" now and again.

Good luck!