I need some motivation!!!

Options
I have had a TERRIBLE couple of months! I've quit logging my food, gained back my weight, and now I'm back to square one.

Do I like it? Nope.
Do I do anything about it? Nope.

What's wrong with me?! I know that I need to workout, what I should and shouldn't be eating ... but I just have no willpower!!!

Replies

• happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'll tell you from experience, theres no such thing as willpower and motivation is fleeting.... the desireto change loses its power after a few weeks and we forget why it was so important.
    My advice is write it down! Write all the reasons why losing weight is important to you.
    Dont give yourself a time limit, just commit to do some exercise every day no matter how crappy youre feeling and track ALL your food even if youve had a bad day.
    Its baby steps.... doing all the things you know that work, even though you may not be feeling like you can do this.
    My favorite saying is tomorrow never comes.... its literally all about today. Each and every day is only about now this minute... what you put in your mouth NOW.
    So dont lose heart, its like this for all of us. I made a decision to do this regardless and thats all I need to remember.
    The tracking really does keep you going
  • jaden0119
    jaden0119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Remind yourself you did it before and you can and will do it again. It is so hard but plug in with people who will support you and hold you accountable. Good luck !!!:flowerforyou:
  • L1zzydarcy
    L1zzydarcy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I was feeling that way I committed to doing just one thing. In my case it was tracking, and once I committed to being honest with myself about the number of calories I was consuming, the rest fell into place. It's not particularly easy or fun, but it is satisfying to see days of logging add up.

Then step two was that there would be bad days where I went way over on calories or couldn't drag myself to the gym, but I had to learn to see them as just one day, not me reverting back to my old lifestyle.

Good luck!
  • Roxyann
    Options
    I to have regained my weight and than some. I came back but would not list anything until I got back to the weigth I started at. In 7 months I have now lost 19 pounds. I may be slow at it, but I am working at taking it off. All I can do is walking rigth now. I am 56 years old and have been diabetic for 43 years. I have to take 8 to 10 shots a day, because I let myself go. Once I get my weight down I will be able to take less shots. By giving up you could become diabtic and end up like me on shots and only be able to move around a little at a time.

Now I am asking you to get up and do something even if it is just a walk around the block. Please also know if you need help I will be here for you.

Take Care of yourself. Roxyann
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I used to have my goals on a note on my bathroom mirror - I took them down awhile back while cleaning house, and I really need to put them back up there! I have a marble jar on the sink as well to keep me accountable, but I've been lax about even weighing in.

It's a new day!!!

I'm writing down my reasons for wanting to get healthy, and writing down my goals!

You all have helped a bunch!

P.S. I am going to start logging my food again too, it's just tricky when you cook a meal ... I don't really know the nutritional info of some of my creations!
  • ruthkate
    ruthkate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is the marble jar for? Is it some kind of motivation thing?
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Marble Jar:
    Get two jars. Label jars lbs lost and lbs to go. In one jar put as many marbles as lbs you need to lose, in second jar put as many marbles as lbs you have lost. Move a marble from the lbs to go to the lbs lost jar as you lose. :)

Or stones, or whatever you want to use! I have been wanting to do this.
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi,
    I'll tell you from experience, theres no such thing as willpower and motivation is fleeting.... the desireto change loses its power after a few weeks and we forget why it was so important.
    My advice is write it down! Write all the reasons why losing weight is important to you.
    Dont give yourself a time limit, just commit to do some exercise every day no matter how crappy youre feeling and track ALL your food even if youve had a bad day.
    Its baby steps.... doing all the things you know that work, even though you may not be feeling like you can do this.
    My favorite saying is tomorrow never comes.... its literally all about today. Each and every day is only about now this minute... what you put in your mouth NOW.
    So dont lose heart, its like this for all of us. I made a decision to do this regardless and thats all I need to remember.

You're awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    "I've done it before and I'll do it again. Only this time, I'll be better..."

repeat this x 10000
  • RapunzelsWish
    RapunzelsWish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too am in the same boat - back here again after being gone for quite a while. Good luck to you!! - and thank you so much for being so brave to share. It really has helped me more than you know.
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    Exactly. I put my jars on my bathroom sink. I weigh first thing in the morning, then brush my teeth. It really SUCKS when I have to do the walk of shame to the sink and dump out my "lost" marbles and start all over. Especially in front of my husband. That has helped me quite a bit.
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    "I've done it before and I'll do it again. Only this time, I'll be better..."

repeat this x 10000

This is helping me today. I have my goals on my mirror, my jars on my sink ... and your saying helped me drive right past McDonald's today and have a bean and tuna salad at home :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. No more excuses or whining. Go do something to reverse your situation right this very minute. Log today's food. Exercise for 10 minutes. Gather up the trigger food in the house and donate it. Make an appropriate grocery list or plan you next meal. DO SOMETHING!
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Make some small changes. Maybe make 1/2 of your plate veggies. Cut down or eliminate processed foods. Take a 10 minute walk, or when commercials come on, get up and march in place, do squats, e.g. Shop the perimeter only of the grocery store. This is going to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary change just to lose weight. Take it slow, it will happen.
  • DannielleMM
    DannielleMM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, last year I lost all but 10lb of my pregnancy weight, about 40lbs, and then spent this past summer gaining 20 back, so I am at square one, I have been working out 5-6 days a week since Jan 1st, and eating ok, but logging for the past 20 or so days. Somedays I just want to scream as I have already been here, but either way it needs to be done. You can do this!!!
    Feel free to add me and good luck :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hi,

^^ THIS is dead on! I don't do cheat days either because one leads to two, then two leads to three and so on. Each day is a challenge, treat it as such.
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Today was a great day ... took the kids to the zoo and walked for 4 hours! Didn't take the tram or the train, we hoofed it and pushed a stroller!

Packed our lunch and healthy snacks ... almond butter and honey sandwiches, kale chips, toasted garbanzo beans, a giant iced tea (unsweetened) for me and 100% juice boxes for the kiddo.

Came home and fed cattle. Didn't ride my horses, but that's okay. We all needed a day off!