Not sexy?

Options
2»

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I got them when I was 24 for my overbite and crowding. I felt a little dorky, but I got used to them. No one really paid any attention actually. I always got the clear rubber bands on the top, but I always did fun colors on the bottom.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I have veneers on my front four teeth which eventually will need to be removed. So, braces will be in my future to straighten them. Having a better smile and being more confident in yourself in the long run is more important than what some douche says.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    What's worse: braces for a year or two now, or bad teeth for the rest of your life?
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If a guy is shallow enough to be put off by you having braces, then you are probably better off without them.

This

AND I know plenty of adults who have had/ have braces. Just be your fabulous self and enjoy them. When I had braces I wore them proud with bright coloured elastics and let the world see. You are going to have an amazing smile - braces are a small price to pay for a lifetime of smiles.

I also got glasses around the same time as braces so I felt like a huge nerd over night - but I embraced it.

Personally - I dont think anyone will judge you differently because of your braces.
    In life there are certain stages.
    When you worry about how you look - what people think.
    Then you learn not to care
    Then you realize no one was every really looking at you - they were too concerned with how they looked/who was looking
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have braces and they don't seem to put guys off, at least from what I can tell. Taking care of them is the worst part of having braces in my opinion. You'll have sexy teeth in no time. :D
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I had them from 20-23! :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I chose to not get them as a teen or in my early 20s, and I regret it a little now. My teeth aren't snaggly, but two of my lower incisors press together and one of them chipped a little from the pressure. Braces would have corrected this.

Get them. It won't be for that long in the grand scheme of things, and you'll probably not regret it.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I was always jealous of the girls in high school who had braces...I think they're like the cutest things ever :laugh: