My NSV

Options
Chip10k
Chip10k Posts: 57 Member
I don't usually post my accomplishments but I just have to today I am so excited about it. I know its not a big deal for some people but I cant stop smiling about it. I've been working out for a couple weeks now and just joined my local gym. I've only been there a couple times but today I ran a full mile without stopping! I just started running and kept going and when I saw I was close to a mile I just kept going and boom....A MILE!! :happy:

Replies

• ACrowsDay
    ACrowsDay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think thats great!! I'm glad for you! :D
  • rmcinern82
    rmcinern82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! A great feeling!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    An amazing feeling, isn't it?! Congrats and here's to many, many more :)
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That's great! You are inspiring me!!
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and something to be proud of ! Keep up the great work, you won't believe what you are capable of and how many more miles you will log !! :smile:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment! Running was my new year's resolution last year - and running a full mile was VERY challenging the first time. It was sloooow (4.7 mph) and hard (omg was it hard) but I did it. The second time wasn't as hard. Today, I can run well beyond a mile. In fact, I will be doing my first 5k race this spring!

Now that you have reached this milestone you can improve your form, building speed and endurance.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! A mile! That is awesome! I can't run 500 feet yet so I consider your NSV to be a huge one!! Great job :) Won't be long til you see the 2mile mark :drinker:
  • paradisochick
    Options
    Im so new here - What does NSV mean?
  • USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Run, run , run wow that is so good...
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Im so new here - What does NSV mean?
    Non-Scale Victory. Something OTHER than weight that shows your success :) Like looser clothes, running a mile, squeezing between two narrow vehicles, a ring falling off.. stuff like that :)
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    it is a wonderful feeling and a wonderful accomplishment:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!