To Coffee or not to Coffee

Options

Replies

• soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Learning to drink it black. 1-2 cups a day. Yum.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Black brewed in a french press or espresso (also black). If I go out to coffee with friends sometimes I'll get a mocha. Now I'm thinking about putting coffee in a blender with ice and some vanilla protein powder that could be a killer protein shake.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have cold brewed toddy concentrate coffee, or a french press coffee almost everyday. Occasional I make an espresso. I use coconut creamer from So Delicious when I want it because it has a creamy texture and doesn't add any weird flavors or harmful ingredients and is only 10-20 calories for the amount I use.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Kona coffee, with equal and skim.

2qlea9t.jpg
  • olanot
    olanot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    that sounds good!
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee. I finally weaned myself off adding sugar to it, so it's just the coffee, 30g of unsalted butter and a Tablespoon of MCT oil, all whipped up in a blender.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Black, no sugar. It tastes better that way.

Same here. I don't understand why people ruin perfectly good coffee with sugar (or, God forbid, flavored creamer).

Amen
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Black, no sugar, but sometimes English Toffee flavored stevia drops if I'm bored.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    With creamer (4 tsp=60 cal) and sugar (2tsp=30) 90 calories a cup. I used to not even care and drink it till the pot was gone. Now I have two cups max. I even tried telling myself yesterday "eh I can have more it's just liquid". Lol... but I refrained and had my two cups. Today I started lowering the amount of cream and sugar to wean myself off the flavor.

I'm the same way..I have to wean myself off the sugar slowly or I just go back to what I was putting in it before
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have 2 or 3 cups a day. I use fat free french vanilla or fat free hazelnut. I can't drink it black.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I make a 5 cup pot of coffee most every morning, 6 oz cups, so 30 oz of coffee. I usually use 1 or 2 sugar cubes and about 1/2 cup 2% milk. Some days I drink yesterday's left over coffee and once in awhile I skip coffee. Normally coffee is the first thing I do in the morning. I usually buy Green Mountain Coffee or some other high quality coffee, I do not like the cheap coffees like maxwell house or folgers.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If can even ask this question then you don't NEED coffee. :P
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    sometimes 5% cream sometimes skim milk.

Anyone that puts artificial sweetener in theirs should face the banhammer :explode:
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    2 tsp Stevia and 1 Tbsp sugar free creamer. It's only like 15 calories.
  • alaneylane
    alaneylane Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just started drinking mine black. I like a little creamer but I'm giving black coffee a chance for awhile.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee. Usually with almond milk and monin syrup. One cup is about 65 cals.
  • missmarymcmcmc
    missmarymcmcmc Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Got to have my coffee. I will sacrifice in other areas for it. I drink one cup in the morning and one in the evening with 2 tbs half and half and 1 tsp sugar. I count it as 80 calories per cup. Not sure if that is right. OK , just looked it up and it is more like 56 calories. Even Better!!
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    black. i have about 3 small cups a day. probably terrible for me but i can't help it :ohwell:

Actually quite the opposite!! Plain black coffee is healthy for you. It has natural antioxidants and the caffeine is a stimulant that can increase your metabolism. 3 small cups is a decent coffee intake!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I love coffee, I couldn't drink it without french vanilla creamer before...but, now I'm down to raw sugar and a splash of skim. I'm working on getting rid of both though.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Black. But I often use flavored coffee for the taste.