new here! need support!

Options
Hey i'm shelbye. I'm 20 and in college and had some health problems and bad diet choices in the last couple of years that caused me to gain 100+ lbs, now i am trying to lose about 125 lbs and i need some help and support, i'd love to make some new friends on here, since my real life friends keep telling me i'm over reacting.

Replies

• LaShayDawkins
    Options
    I understand, everyone says I look fine but the reality isI don't feel fine, I feel unhealthy. I don't want and can't afford new clothes and my legs are killing me from carrying myself around. lol... Good Luck, I don't think you are overacting.
  • 1964Lynn
    Options
    Hi Shelby I just started MFP almost 2 weeks ago it is a great place for support. Lots to read about and get you motivated. You can friend me if you like.:smile:
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you this site is a big family of support and motivation you can add me I am on and log everyday and we all need support
  • Maxibris
    Maxibris Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I am on every single day!
  • klmetcalf89
    klmetcalf89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im 23 and a stay at home mom.. Feel free to add me. The support is the best part about MFP... Good Luck..
  • ambascom
    Options
    Hi Shelbye! I just started here about a month ago and they are all right; this is a great community of supportive people who will encourage you and keep you motivated. My friends in real life have pretty much become non-existent and I have found some amazing friends on here. Feel free to add me! I'm on here every day :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have a niece like you.
    Welcome to the site.
  • Hlami
    Hlami Posts: 12
    Options
    ...get what's yours! Sometimes people say that because they love you and don't see you as needing to lose weight, or don't want you to feel bad about yourself, sometimes they don't love you and prefer you to stay as you are because of vain competition... Either way, girl, get what's yours.. You know what's going to help you be the best you. Love yourself first...
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Friend me if you like as I'm on every day and my diary is open to my friends. I'm trying to get back into my wardrobe that seems to have shrunk these past couple years!
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey Shelbye, Add me! I'm on daily and kind of a junkie about MFP!
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm Ryan, 37 yr old husband & father of 3. Down 20 pds so far. I'd like to add another 20 to that and see what happens to my jogging times. Just grateful to get the chance to learn a new way to live, and if I can help anyone along their journey FANTASTIC!.
  • Offical
    Options
    Feel free to add