Zumba?

Options
2»

Replies

• ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 269 and I loved Zumba when I was taking it. I got really sick halfway through the class (don't let me scare you, it was winter and I work at a preschool/daycare) so I couldn't finish, but I loved the workout I got. You can do it!!
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I stay in the back still because I have very little coordination. I noticed the other day that the girls with some extra weight actually look a little better doing zumba in my opinion. I just look like a stiff mess but I still try. Usually I notice the other people because I am trying to figure out how to do the moves. Some people make it look easier than others. I love my local YMCA because they have child watch and they have fun classes with a range of people in them. There are people younger, older, bigger, and smaller than me. I kinda like all the variety.
  • Nepion
    Nepion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba! I'm pretty lucky where I live because the local library offers free classes twice a week. It was a great way to try it without feeling pressured into having to pay for X months. The class I go to has a pretty wide range of body types and skill levels so I never feel out of place despite my size. I started Zumba at just over 300 lbs and was pretty out of shape but just a few weeks in and I could already tell a difference. I can last longer without getting completely out of breath and the moves were a lot easier. Good luck finding someplace! I hope you get a chance to try it out!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and there is no back row where I go - the instructor is in the middle and we're all around the outside. I am shy, stay in the back everywhere, won't go to a gym because I don't want to be seen but with zumba - I'm the one who works out hardest besides the instructor, who gets "noticed" and complimented. I THRIVE at this like I haven't at anything visible! I haven't been there for three months because of overtime at work and wow, I'm back to "flabby" & feeling yucky. HOPING to get back on Wednesday and can't wait! Just go and enjoy yourself, concentrate on your own workout and who cares who sees!
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    H! I started doing Zumba at 317 lbs. It was really hard at first, but I was determined to continue no matter what. 91 lbs later, I'm still with it and also do Aqua Zumba and Zumba toning. I love it all! Give it time and I'm sure you'll love it to. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :smile: