Coconut, Almond or Reg. Milk

Options
2»

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    reg milk is good for u! It has more protein than the others :) I only drink almond milk cuz I can get a cup for 30 cals. I don't have the calories to spare for milk, as it's higher than the rest.
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I only use milk when I eat cereal, and I use unsweetened almond milk because I like the consistency, it's low calorie, and I actually find the idea of drinking another animal's milk a bit freaky. But that is just personal preference. Cow's milk is higher in protein, but the almond milk I use has more calcium. I've never tried rice or coconut milk, so I can't say anything about that. I think you should just look at the nutrition facts on each and decide which has the most micro/macronutrient that you want. And of course, whichever you like the taste of most! :)
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk. It has more calcium and less calories than regular milk, plus it's a bit thicker which makes it great for smoothies. Regular milk is the cheapest though.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I like regular milk, but it doesn't always agree with me....so i use almond milk which is pretty darn good. I find to be much tastier than rice & soy milks. Coconut milk is ok as a drink or in a smoothie but i wouldn't use it in cereal, not "milky" enough
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I use almond, I don't eat dairy though.
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    unless you have dairy problems, whole milk from cows (organic or even better from farms possibly)
  • mangoduck
    mangoduck Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like the coconut almond one from Almond Breeze or Almond Plus from So Delicious.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk and usually use soy or almond in recipes ( because I cry easily when I think about cows and other animals), but I think if "healthy" means most likely to fit your macro goals and you need to up your protein then go for dairy because it has the most protein.
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really like oat milk too:)
  • Brynn5859
    Options
    I have been using the unsweetened almond and coconut milks, but I don't think they're as tasty for drinking purposes. Also, I recently read that the additive carageenan (used to make them seem thicker) can have some bad effects-- even as bad as making tumors grow faster. It's made from seaweed, but apparently it's not good for you. It seems like every possible food has some reason not to eat it nowadays, which can make you crazy, but I do try and find the kinds without carageenan now. I get the refrigerated ones from Trader Joe's. Or regular organic whole milk. I love regular milk-- probably too much!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Almond to save on calories, but organic cows is the "healthiest" IMO. Healthy fats, lots of protein and calcium. Unless I'm super short on calories, I prefer good ole cow's milk. 1 or 2% for me.