Weigh in question

Options
I just started MFP a couple days ago. How often do people weigh-in? Weekly?

Replies

• karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly.
  • WilliamFrazetta
    Options
    weekly, as soon as I get up in the morning :D
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    weekly on wednesdays.
  • tiffalynn07
    tiffalynn07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself about one a week as well and every time I weigh myself, I do it in the morning.
  • willlywillly
    Options
    i weigh in every day except weekends...this way i know where i am trending...but weekly is more accurate....just my thoughts
  • kathy53b
    kathy53b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly on Wednesday
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    weekly on Sun evening - ie correlates with end of MFP food diary week
  • jjlibunao
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing of others. I weigh myself once a week.. I started at Weight Watchers weighing in on Wednesdays and I started MFP last Wednesday, so that's what kind of stuck.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It might be cheating a little bit... but I (officially) weigh myself on Monday-- but I do it once in the morning and once before I go to bed and take the lowest number.
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    I belong to a TOPS group - Take Off Pounds Sensibly. As a group, each of us weighs on Friday morning. I rely on the TOPS scale as my official scale. I only use it one time a week. It drives me crazy to be too scale focused and to weigh more often. I get frustrated when I don't see changes daily. Once a week allows me to work hard and see the real successes over time. Best wishes!
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    The more accurate weight is shortly after you wake up after having fasted during sleep. Hopefully your gut is doing it's thing during that time too. I always weigh in similar clothes as well.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Daily. Right out of bed. I think weekly is probably healthier-- but I like to adjust if needed.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I weighed myself every day but only logged once a week, on Thursday mornings. Now that I'm in maintenance, I only weigh about once a week and log every other week.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I weigh a couple times a week in the morning, right after waking up, after an "evacuation" and butt naked.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    People have different approaches, but weekly is probably the most popular approach.

There's no reason NOT to weigh daily, but a lot of people get caught up in the water weight fluctuations that happen from day to day and it messes with their mind and motivation. For instance, right now I am carb-loading for a race on Saturday. I KNOW in my brain that carbs attract water weight and I will gain weight before my race, but it still effs with my head when I see the higher number on the scale.

Anyway, if it would bother you to see those fluctuations, just do it once a week, same day and same time. If not, weigh daily if you want, but only record your weight once a week for most accurate numbers.