starving

futuredispatchhottie911
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am starving and I have already eaten all but 80 of my calories. I am already over the carbohydrates what to do what to do?

Replies

• jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    go walk for 30 minutes, to get 100+ more calories :)
  • Try cutting down on the carbs and upping your protein, don't go for fatty meats though, try fish, tofu and beans - try and center your meal around them and leave carbs as a side. Combine with brown rice and loads of veg or salad. Minimise white bread/pasta/rice. Oh and miso soup with tofu, very filling and low cal. Good luck! xx
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    I really like the go for a walk suggestion (gain another 100 cals) but if you are starving..really..how about a cup or 2 of hot, low sodium chicken broth..very filling and satisfying if you can afford to eat the salt!
    good luck
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    This is when I do a bowl of some low-cal veggie. I like lightly steamed spinach with salt, pepper, a bit of lemon juice, and a small sprinkle of shaved parmesan. Or a green salad with fat free dressing.
  • I have some salad and some fat free italian dressing thanks for the idea.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    eat protein!!! Tuna can be fabulous for a high-protein, easy fix, low cal solution..... chicken comes in a close second if it's boneless, skinless, and easy to prepare. Going over is NOT going to kill you if it's infrequent and a small amount. The goal is to do this the healthy way, not to starve yourself to the point of giving up or frustration..... YOU are in charge of YOU. :smile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    For a quick fix, one hard boiled egg has about 80 calories. But you might have to gradually reduce your calories if you're finding it hard. It's better to be over your calorie allowance for a week or two as you're working toward your goal calories than to be starving and feeling deprived. That can make it really hard to stick with the program. Keep in mind this is a lifestyle change. :flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    When I get like that I eat an apple or make a salad. Yes, there are calories in them... but at the end of the day if I'm going to go over my calories - I'd rather know that I went over by eating a lot of fruits and vegetables. One of my favorite snacks is to take cauliflower and break it into really tiny little pieces (think popcorn) and spray it with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray - then sprinkle it ligtly with some sea salt or no-salt. You can eat a LOT of cauliflower for very little calories and it really fills you up. I take this with me in a ziplock bag when we go to movies - I get my buttery treat while my husband and son eat their popcorn. Actually - my son asked me last time if I would make him some "of our popcorn" next time!
  • That cauliflower idea sounds yummy thanks for the suggestion.
  • a fantastic snack to help me get between meals... blend 1 cup of Bolthouse Farms smoothie mix with 1 cup (or more) of ice cubes in the blender. it's filling, low calorie (110), and healthy. this particular smoothie mix (which is basically pureed fruit and juice) is quite strong, so it doesn't hurt the taste to dilute it with the ice . plus, it's a great way to incorporate another cup of water in your day.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    for a quick snack that'll last a LOONG time in the belly you can eat a serving of canned tuna (in spring water), 70 calories and very satisfying, and will keep you full for quite a while. Couple it with some fresh lettuce and maybe a few other greens and you have plenty of fiber and protein and vitamins for a decent replacement meal without filling up on calories.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Try cutting down on the carbs and upping your protein, don't go for fatty meats though, try fish, tofu and beans - try and center your meal around them and leave carbs as a side. Combine with brown rice and loads of veg or salad. Minimise white bread/pasta/rice. Oh and miso soup with tofu, very filling and low cal. Good luck! xx

This works for me. If I go over on protein and under on carbs I'm not as hungry.
This discussion has been closed.