• dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    when you look like skin covered skeleton
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there's earlier signs than that.

I'd say once you're being described as skinny and you 're within a healthy weight range (ssaying this because I read people's posts about being patronised) them you can stop losing. IMO, it's better to have more meat on your bones than too little.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. Many world class marathon runners have a low BMI (19-20). In other sports where lots of muscle mass is important (American football for exemple) this would be way too thin.

As a runner I plan on retaining a thin frame, but hope to add more muscle definition this year.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I've been too skinny twice before. Neither time I did it on purpose.
    The first time I was in high school & found out I had a stomach ulcer, & the 2nd time was about 5&1/2 years ago & doctors were screwing around putting me on different meds.

I'm 5'2", both times I broke 100lbs. (Pretty much 98-103.) Both times when I went on the scale & saw a 2 digit number, I was scared.
    The last time a few years ago, I remember going to the mall trying to find a pair of black pants that fit me. So many stores, & even the smallest black pants were too big. It was actually pretty depressing for me... I actually felt really bad. It's kinda ironic how you can get depressed both at times when you weigh too much & times when you don't weigh enough...
  • EternaT
    EternaT Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't feel badly. Aak your doctor what a healthy weight range is for someone your height and try to stay in it for the sake of your health. I am 5'1 and i think it is between the 120-135 range. BMI is also an excellent way to measure a healthy weight for you.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bones, when you can see them, too skinny.