eating too few calories

becky123456
becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
:wink: Hi - I have been consistently under my daily calorie goal, sometimes by 300 or more calories and I am starting to worry that this isn't healthy. I am pushing myself to eat more, but I am stuffed and just don't feel like I can eat any more. Is anyone else having this same problem? Any hints or ideas welcome!

Replies

• 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    If you are not already try drinking milk. It helps with weight loss and 120 calories are in a 8oz glass of 2%. :drinker:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    try to eat every 2-3 hrs throughout the day....making your meals smaller in size, and lower in calories but still what you need by the end of the day.
  • seesylrun
    seesylrun Posts: 22 Member
    I have the same issues....but I'm not stuffed at the end of the day. :) Since I have started to eat more healthy food (fiber, whole grains, balanced meals) I'm just more satisfied and don't feel like I need to eat anything else. This is extremely unusual for me! I used to eat well beyond my alloted calories before the food switch. Hence the weight gain. ;)

All I can suggest is to really make sure you track everything. Maybe you are underestimating some calories?? I think I might be doing that on some occasions. I figure my leftover calories are those extra little measurements that I might have been off on. Maybe I had a little more than a cup of pasta? Or that salad dressing at the restaurant was not as light as I thought?

I know being way under to often will impede weight loss so I need to really try to get at least close to my goal. Good luck to you!!
  • liquids!!! a good glass of milk or kefir or a healthy juice can add 100-200 calories. pour yourself an extra glass at dinner or while you're working on the computer so you can mindlessly drink what's next to you. also, consider higher-calorie foods for a meal entree, like pasta, or add nuts and cheese to a salad. hope that helps! :)
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Than ks for the tips everyone... Good luck to you all! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.