Addicted to myfitnesspal

Options

Replies

• emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to this site too! You are not alone! I log in all throughout the day. :) I find it easier to log what I eat AFTER I've eaten it...If I log ahead, I always end up eating something different and having to log on to change it anyway! lol And I love the message boards. :)
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yea same here started on 01/02/13 & mad cuz I'm not able 2 log on sat & sun so I guess thats my 2 days off LOL but you will hardly see me on facebook any more not like b4 anyway I have never lost weight on facebook LOL i'm so loving MFP this is changing my life & thats what I was looking 4 & the fact that I'm making faithful friends & that its free are just a plus in my book thnx 2 you all i'm becoming a different me :laugh:
  • slimnicola01
    Options
    I promise I won't, guess you have found the balance?:wink:
  • melmckay99
    Options
    I think I use MFP mroe than I use FB now. I think there are much worse thigns out there you can be addicted to though! This is a healthy addiction (pun intended!).
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to site now. :) Here more than on facebook, LOL...Yup...hooked, too.

I don't know which is best...seeing everyone's tickers move, or the support and new friends with similar goals. :bigsmile:
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Your definatly not alone lol, this is the first site I log onto in the morning I love it and have been addicted since may last year, it's a good addiction to have because your getting fit and healthy at the same time xx
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted, but i'm happy with that as MFP has changed my life :)
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes, love this site. I think it's the best tracker out there. accountability is what helps us lose and this is where we get it.
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not alone at all, it is the second website I log into after Facebook.
    Ha ha, Iog on here before Facebook now!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm happy you're here and it is a wonderful community of people. I really have found the support to be helpful. As long as you can find the balance you'll no doubt get a lot of benefit. My MFP friends and the "Success Stories" are my personal favorites.

A big 'Thank you for the laughs' to the posters who mentioned their high number of forum posts' :laugh:
  • slimnicola01
    Options
    Thank you - feel better about my new addiction - selfish, but need to do it for me - just will have to be more aware during work time :).
    Controlled MFP time
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    HaHa I thought I was the only one! I log in to MFP before Facebook, have become completely obsessed with diet and fitness and I'm basically driving everyone nuts at the moment. I've become very bored being stuck at home and this challenge has replaced uni for me as I finished my degree last summer and theres not a lot else to keep my mind busy at the moment as I promised the kids I'd have a year out before I do my MA
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yes you are taking it too far. MFP is an awesome site but it doesn't pay the bills or make you closer to your family.
    I notice that people who are on MFP a lot don't have much of a life.
    Balance is the key!!

Says the man who's been here for 2 years & has over 1500 posts. :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:

Today, when I logged in, MFP told me I've logged in for 755 days in a row. I'm don't have a problem and I'm not addicted. I can quit anytime I want to. I just don't want to. :flowerforyou:

Facebook is still higer functioning than MFP and my family is on Facebook so I still use Facebook but MFP is where I have the most fun! :drinker: :drinker:

Welcome to MFP by the way all of you new folks. Best to you with your fitness goals! You've come to the right place. :heart:
  • slimnicola01
    Options
    Thank you everybody - I do believe I am in the right place - just have to balance better = work = play
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people who are overweight have addiction issues , correct? Addiction to food. Its a substitution -one addiction for another.. This addiction can be healthy, but like all addictions, it can consume your life. Personally I would rather have this addiction that a food addiction.. My stamina, bp, cholesterol levels , energy, sleep, mood are all proof that it works
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm here everyday and don't feel I am addicted. I'm on a mission to be a healthier me! Sometimes I should be doing other things but by the end of the day everything that should be finished is.
  • EvilPoser
    EvilPoser Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to this site too! You are not alone! I log in all throughout the day. :) I find it easier to log what I eat AFTER I've eaten it...If I log ahead, I always end up eating something different and having to log on to change it anyway! lol And I love the message boards. :)

I totally agree. I'm so glad I can access this site at work (my work computer blocks most fun sites). It's so much easier to log in right after my breaks and log what I ate.

Also, I'm definately addicted. I've been here a week and a half and I've logged in everyday. This site has changed my life in the best way possible!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I log into facebook and it takes a few minutes to look at the pictures, then I log into MFP. I log in throughout the day to update my diary. I love to read the inspirational stories and the jokes. It is a good place to be. I rarely log in in the weekends other than to put food in because I am off work and spend more time with the family. Addicted? Yep!
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Not alone at all, it is the second website I log into after Facebook.

I do the same....:happy:
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    yes ,thats the way I see it too!!