WHY DOES YOUR HAIR GROW!???

Options
Yasmine91
Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
I've noticed something that actually really bothers me. I am trying to grow my hair really long and I don't mean waist length, that's not long enough for me, I'm talking about lengths going down to the knees.

I look after my hair, I don't use heat, I oil it every week, and since starting MFP I have been eating healthily and shiz...and yet my hair grows very...very..VERY SLOWLY!

I've seen girls who straighten the crap out of their hair, dye it, curl it, perm it, you name it, all the stuff that the hair doesn't like. And yet I see growth...

It's not fair XD lol WHAT'S YOUR SECRET!?

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help.....I cut my hair short.. Good luck.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream eating afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help.....I cut my hair short.. Good luck.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream eating afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

Gee thanks LOL
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross but I only wash my hair once a week and let it dry naturally, it grows quick and thick
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I've heard cutting it actually makes it grow faster even a trim. If I remember correctly I learned in science class that if hair is cut/damaged it will stimulate growth. Have no idea if this is true..but I remember talking about it in science class when I was in high school.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Try taking a prenatal vitamin. I was taking regular vitamins and it made my hair and nails grow quickly. Once I started the prenatal, my hair and nails grow at a rapid rate.

And get regular trims.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    What you eat, drink and how you treat your body has an effect on your hair. You need to eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables, drink enough water and exercise regularly for your body's overall health. Since your hair grows directly from your body, when you treat your body well, your skin, nails and hair benefit, too.

Trims help get rid of dry, damaged and split ends which can work their way up your hair, causing even more damage. A trim is defined as removing ¼ to ½ inch of hair, nothing more. If your stylist insists on cutting off inches of hair every time you go in for a visit, your hair won't get longer.

There's no need to brush your hair 100 strokes per night before going to sleep. That won't help it grow.

Once your hair is a certain length, you might want to wear it loose once it a while to prevent breakage with hair bands, hair ties, clips, etc.

While occasional flat iron and curling iron use is usually fine (so long as the heat isn’t too high), you should minimize heat styling as much as possible. Choose hairstyles that don't rely on so much heat.

Conditioning is crucial for having healthy hair. Besides the right shampoo and conditioner, use leave-in conditioners as well. You also need a good deep conditioner; use it at least once a month. Well-moisturized hair is less prone to dryness and breakage, leading to more hair retention.

There is also a vitamin with antioxidants and vitamin B that you can take to help your hair stay strong and grow.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross but I only wash my hair once a week and let it dry naturally, it grows quick and thick

It doesn't sound gross, it is gross.