Adding veggies to your food chart?

Options
How do you chart veggies? Yesterday I ate a salad made up of shredded carrots and raw cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and green peppers. I have no idea how to add this to my daily food. Or, would it be like WW's as a freebie?

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    It's not a freebie. It has calories, carbs, ect.

Do your best to estimate the amount of the vegetables and add it accordingly.

1/4 cup of mushrooms, x amount of shredded carrots, ect
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I log it all. A salad can be a bit tricky so you have to do the best you can. Just guess at how much of each was in the salad. If nothing else it will track nutrition for you.

Im sure others will come along with some different ideas. Im not a salad eater so I have not had to try this.

Good luck
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Add each item individually and then save it as a Meal. That way, the next time you eat a big salad like that you can just add it and adjust as necessary. Vegetables do have calories so I wouldn't recommend counting them as free like WW.
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I add every bit separately too. If I can not be sure how much then I make an estimate, so for example if you shredded 2 carrots but used half of it I would put one carrot down.

I made broccoli and cauliflower soup last night, but only eat a 3rd of it for dinner, so I put in 3rd of each quantity to give me a good idea of calories etc.

Good luck :)

Ps if you use those foods often it will remain in your list so you can quickly add all your bits and pieces to record your salad
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I estimated the amount of veggies and on the huge plateful it was approximately 42 calories. LOL