How to find my HRM

Options
Hello, I am trying ti figure out how to get my hrm, can anyone tell me how to figure this out? Please and thank you:happy:

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Trying to find your Heart Rate Monitor? I would check amazon. Or do you mean Human Resource Management? Hudson River Museum?
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I usually keep my HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) in the drawer with my sports bras. Try looking there. Good luck !
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    HRM = heart rate monitor. This is the translation for most of us here. Do you mean to ask about something else?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Are you confusing your acronyms? Did you mean BMR (basal metabolic rate), RMR (resting metabolic rate) or TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)? If so, there a number of online calculators. Just open Google and type in "BMR calculator"
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Mine is in my running shoes normally. That way I don't have to search for it when I want to go run. Try looking in your sock drawer. Maybe it's there.

Also try here:

http://heart-rate-monitor-watches-review.toptenreviews.com/
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    HRM?
    BMR?
    TDEE?
    NSV?
    WTF?
    MFP?

Too many damn acronyms!

I keep mine onteh shelf by the garage so i can quickly grab it every time i work out.

Try looking there!

Good luck!
  • HerculesKlump
    Options
    I think he wants to know his heart rate range in order to burn fat. If I'm wrong, then ask yourself this question:

If I was a HRM, where would I be right now? Then look under the bed.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    If you would like information about finding these numbers (BMR, TDEE, etc.), check out the link below and you will have the answers to your questions. Good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • RMeDude
    Options
    Mine is in the center console of my truck, but I did not see yours there...I will keep looking.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Someone told me to to get a more accurate calorie burn I should use a HRM ( Heart Rate Monitor) I began looking for one on the internet. I know how to count my pulse. Is there calculations that can help me better estimate a more accurate cal burn? I guess my question should have been.
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Someone told me to to get a more accurate calorie burn I should use a HRM ( Heart Rate Monitor) I began looking for one on the internet. I know how to count my pulse, Is there calculations that can help me better estimate a more accurate cal burn, I guess my question should have been.
  • Nightlotus
    Options
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use a Timex Ironman HRM. Love it. It is my best training tool. Keeps my honest/puching hard when i want to get lazy. I live by the calroie counter.

Fwiw, I eat back 80% of the calories it says that i burn on my hard cardio days. I eat back 120% of the calories (protein heavy) on my weight lifting days.

Good luck!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I use a Timex Ironman HRM. Love it. It is my best training tool. Keeps my honest/puching hard when i want to get lazy. I live by the calroie counter.

I have the Timex Zone Trainer. I love it. It's silly but wearing the stupid thing when I work out makes me push harder. I like to get myself out of the "zone" that I have set and seeing the calorie burn is awesome.