New to this... Very overwhelmed (need Friends)

Options

Replies

• johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me.
  • jricht001
    Options
    Truthfully, the first 2 weeks are the hardest!!!! By the third week, your body is getting used to what you are doing differently, and accepting it. By week 4 and 5 (where I currently am), you don't even notice those snack cakes or that bottle of pop anymore, and I am actually EXCITED to go to the gym MOST of the time! Sometimes you will still have those mornings (thats when we go) where you would rather just lay in bed lol

Don't try and deprive yourself, but limit your "bad" intake as much as possible! Its worked out for me so far!

Feel free to add me if you'd like some motivation along the way!
  • ladycoy
    ladycoy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Tracking everything we put in our mouth is really a wake up call. Feel free to friend me and we'll do this weight loss journey together.

Its very surprising!
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    Tracking everything we put in our mouth is really a wake up call. Feel free to friend me and we'll do this weight loss journey together.

YES ^^^ this!!!

You can do this...I was where you were and I know you can conquer this. Take little steps. Every 50 pounds, I rewarded myself with new sneakers, a purse, etc. Every 10 pounds, take a pic. I'm so excited for you...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Exercise, exercise, exercise is essential for me, in addition to tracking everthing I consume. When I started, I had to use a grocery cart to lean on just to grab some milk at the grocery store. My first attempt at walking for exercise had me in tears 1/4 of the way around the block because my lower back hurt so bad and I was so embarrassed. This was September 2011. Today, I run 3 miles 3-4 days a week, have completed two 5Ks since August 2012, and have more energy than I know what to do with. I've come a long way, and so will you!
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I log everyday and always am looking for support friends :)
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Logging everything really does help. Add me :)
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It is hard but you do get used to it and then you become addicted on logging. I'm on here more then FB lol. Anyone can add me. I met my goal and then some! I'm now working on bringing down my body fat and toning.

Good luck and welcome to mfp!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    MFP is very addictive be warned lol you can add me as a friend for support if you like I log every day and I have 55lbs to lose still . Good luck on your journey
  • heygirl1000
    heygirl1000 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey I have just sent you a friends request! We are all here to help and support each other! If you want words of encouragement I can be your cheer leader! I am on a long journey myself we can walk through this together!

If anyone else would like to add me please do! I am a daily user - good or bad
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome abroad. This is a great site for support and motivation. I will send you a friend request if you want to add me, feel free. If not all the best on your journey:bigsmile:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I hope you dont "Loose" it...because Losing it is by far more successful with great focus.

Change is only as difficult as you all it to be. Always remind yourself exactly just how bad you want to live a healthier lifestyle.
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    I am fairly new to this site. I had lost 75 pounds on my own with little support. Then I stopped losing and decided to get some extra encouragement. This site and the people I have added have been pretty good about replying to posts and it's rather comforting to know I don't have to go at this alone anymore. I have my good days and my bad days and sometime's I need a little kick to realize I am sabotaging my efforts. Would like to lose another 50 pounds or more and anyone who would like to add me the more the merrier.
  • meredithpkeller
    Options
    Friend request me. I love seeing everybody make progress and its nice to have that support group!
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you like. So many people here, lots of great hints. You are on the way though by making that first step. Tracking it's fun once you get into it.
  • brendae61
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I am also new to this( 3 weeks today) I have found tremendous support from MFP friends and would like to support you along your journey! YOU CAN DO IT :smile:
  • psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is the best tool I have ever used. You can watch everything you do and be objective about it. I started with almost 100 to lose and I am half way there.Feel free to friend me :) Best of luck.
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to My Fitness Pal! My highest weight was 346 and I now weigh 186.
    You CAN do it, hang in there! keep an accurate record of food, I approach recipes
    with the question of how I can cut back any fat and calories. Will be more than happy
    to share recipes and tips anytime. I've been up and down with my weight and finally
    on the downhill run. Good Luck!!
  • relkins81
    relkins81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request! :happy:
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i have sent you a friend request. we will take this journey together!
  • ptimek
    Options
    I'm also new here and a little confused about how the friends work. Is there a list somewhere of your friends so you can go directly to their posts?

Need lots of friends too.