any girls have skinny boyfriends or husbands

Options

Replies

• darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband 6 years ago, we weighed around the same. He might have been 5 lbs less than me, but he was in excellent shape (which is what attracted me to him, haha). I wasn't in the best shape at all. Now I weigh almost 70 lbs less than him; he gained 40 lbs and I lost 40 lbs about a year and a half after I met him and I'm in the best shape of my life! He's trying to catch up now, but I'm happy with him.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I hate the word skinny . . .

My BF is more muscular/leaner than I am and we actually go back and forth on who weighs less (he's only a few inches taller than me) . . . my solution is to send him cookies every chance I get. He can't stop eating them until they're gone. Sabotage at it's finest.
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think mine is the worst yet i'm 6ft tall 335lbs my fiance is 5'10 145 SOAKING wet!! Needless to say we look like the number 10! LMAO
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    my partner is about 200lbs lighter than i am...
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6'2" and 142 lbs. Luckily I've never been heavier than him, but we've been 5lbs apart before. He eats crap, but he eats small amounts of crap - he doesn't gain weight because he rarely takes in more than 1800 calories a day. He's just never hungry. His ease of keeping weight off doesn't make me jealous at all, though; I'm a lot more worried about his health. He doesn't have enough muscle, his hipbones are more visible than mine, and he's certainly not getting the nutrients one gets from a balanced diet =/
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Hubby is 6'4" 200 pounds. But I love him anyway.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I hate the word skinny . . .

My BF is more muscular/leaner than I am and we actually go back and forth on who weighs less (he's only a few inches taller than me) . . . my solution is to send him cookies every chance I get. He can't stop eating them until they're gone. Sabotage at it's finest.

Evil b!tch. I want cookies. This is the second day in a row you've made me want cookies.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've come to terms with the fact that my husband is a beanpole. lol. The other day he was complaining about his "pudge" and I looked him in the eye and said, "Honey, you drink three or four cans of Coke a day. Chips and salsa every night. Two cupcakes. Oreos. And you wear a size small. You have NO right to complain."
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5'7" and 144lbs. I am 149lbs but it doesn't bother me. He has been thin all his life and is struggling now to gaim weight. It is harder for him to gain than it is for me to lose so I have kind of put more of my focus on him and his needs.
  • mklassy123
    Options
    My boyfriend is French Canadian and he has that metabolism, meaning eat and drink and not gain weight. He does like to eat healthy though, for most of the week. Because of me starting MFP and talking about it, it motivated him to start doing something. Two weeks of going to the gym and giving up beer he lost the same amount of weight that it took me over a month to lose.

He likes to look and feel good, and I'm happy for him. The big thing is that he NEVER gets upset or comments about my weight. When he knows I am watching it, he is very supportive and he won't tempt me with bad foods. I do get jealous of how easy it is for him to lose weight, or to never gain weight (although he does fluctuate about 5 pounds) - but I wouldn't trade him for the world.

I have friends who have partners who are skinny and they pick on them for their weight. It's awful. I feel blessed to have a skinny man who loves me no matter what weight I am even though I sometimes want to shove a whole cake in his mouth when he loses weight just by breathing!!!!!!!!!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Just did a TDEE/BMR calculation for my slender BF. His number 1600 BMR and 2200 TDEE at lightly active. I'm 1400 BMR and 1800 TDEE at lightly active. I think one thing is it's more that his job is sometimes very active. On those days, his TDEE is more like 3000 or more.

I think it's that I see him eat and eat on the 3000 calorie days, and it looks like he can eat whatever he wants, and I'm not paying attention on his 2000 calorie days, when he barely eats more than me. He also typically only eats 2 meals per day. Which means he just about HAS to eat more than 1000 calories every time. I eat more often. So at dinner, if he's eating 1000 and I'm only having 450, then sure, I do get that feeling that "gosh, why can he eat whatever he wants and stays thin." But when you break it down, that isn't really the case.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6'2" and 142 lbs. Luckily I've never been heavier than him, but we've been 5lbs apart before. He eats crap, but he eats small amounts of crap - he doesn't gain weight because he rarely takes in more than 1800 calories a day. He's just never hungry. His ease of keeping weight off doesn't make me jealous at all, though; I'm a lot more worried about his health. He doesn't have enough muscle, his hipbones are more visible than mine, and he's certainly not getting the nutrients one gets from a balanced diet =/

my husband is the same, he is happy he finally weighs 155 because he spent 2 years at 140-145. the highest weight ive ever seen him is 185 and thats after a back injury that had him on the couch for a year and drinking a 2 liter of pepsi every day. when he went back to work he lost 60 lbs in 5 weeks, i could see every rib of his without him sucking in. but he doesnt eat healthy at all, he eats junk and im worried about his health, not that he'll listen to me :grumble:
  • JS268
    JS268 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My bf is 140-150 and hes 5'10" and I'm 140-145 and only 5'7". I used to be 115-120lbs and I was so much more comfortable walking around with him and we'd go to he beach and stuff but now I'd be miserable in a bikini next to him :laugh: .
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is slender (5'10, 165, size 32/33 jean), but not skinny. He used to be super skinny in high school when he was doing Track (I've seen pictures lol), and I prefer him at a stockier weight. He could lose the small soda gut with some strength training, but I'm not gonna push him. He packed on about 15 pounds over the summer but then lost it without much effort, which was frustrating to be sure :P but the good thing is, he NEVER complains about my fat *kitten*, and in fact seems to like it. :)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My husband spends all winter sitting on his butt drinking beer and eating whatever and however much he wants. Then when its nice out he walks with me for about a month and drops everything he gained and then he doesn't do it any more. I hate him tremendously for this and am extremely jealous because I can look at ice cream or pizza and gain weight without even eating it.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yup, bu hopefully someday ill weigh less than him!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'5 and 160. He can't gain weight to save his life. I was 200 lbs and am 13 inches shorter... We looked like an odd couple at my heaviest. So weird because before I met him I was such a chubby-chaser, loved guys with meat on 'em.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My husband 6'1" and weighs 183. So he's pretty lean and slender. It bugs me sometimes that he can eat just about anything he wants and not gain weight. His body fat is in the 13-14% range, without him even trying very hard.

It's irritating when I have to feel like I'm working my tail off, and feeling hungry more often than not and still not seeing any progress for months on end. I'm eating at maintenance these days because I just feel so stressed out about work. I could easily go way overboard given the opportunity. :frown:
  • shawnzapplez
    Options
    My husband is WAAAAY thinner than me :( I have him by at least 100lbs!! He's 160 .. Lol ,, you do the math .. I'm losing though and he loves me regardless!!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is quite thin. He is 5'7" and about 140. I am 5'5" and 300 pounds. Meh, it works for us except for that he's constantly eating and I'm constantly trying NOT to eat. But he's supportive of my weight loss efforts.

I once dated a man who was around 5'10" and MAYBE 130 pounds. I admit, it was comical to see us together. Even my sisters thought it was hilarious. It didn't bother me when we were alone together, but I didn't really like the attention that our obvious mismatch drew in public.