Anyone feel....

Options
like they are just destined to be chubby or overweight so why fight it anymore?

Replies

• dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    like they are just destined to be chubby or overweight so why fight it anymore?
  • Thielet
    Thielet Posts: 7
    Options
    ...sometimes. All the women in my family, on both sides, are heavyset and short. Sure, part of it is genetic. But I have as my inspiration a picture of my mother when she was my age. She's beautiful, curvy, lean, with a huge dazzling smile. We Eastern European women might have a predisposition to be heavier, but that doesn't mean that (1) we can't "wear" it well or (2) that we have to accept unhealthiness as a part of it!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes, sometimes it can get discouraging to think that maybe we'll "always' look like this. But maybe focusing more on health, rather than weight loss, is a step in the right direction!

I haven't lost any weight yet and I've been tracking my calories for two weeks. :mad: What I am noticing is that I am making smarter choices with the food I eat. Even when purchasing pre-made foods (I am a huge LeanPockets fan...), I'm opting for ones with lower sodium and calorie contents, with more fiber and iron.

So even though I haven't "melted" any pounds just yet, my heart thanks me for eating whole grains and my bones are happy for all the calcium. :smile:

Don't get too down on yourself. I don't know what you consider heavy, but from your picture, you're beautiful! And, like, my mom, you have a great smile. So go to the mirror, flash those pearly whites at yourself, and tell your reflection that you are a princess and you deserve to be good to yourself, and that includes not beating yourself up!

Amen!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    yes, that is where i am right about now. Last week I saw my doctor and mentioned that I have been trying to loose weight and I can't seem to even drop one pound (since Dec 31). I had gained 13 pounds when I quit smoking in September and he said that this new weight is my natural weight. YA RIGHT, well I don't like my "natural" weight. So onward I struggle, and I realize im going to struggle for a little bit longer. My mother in law is in Hospice right now, so we have been spending a lot of time with her, not exercising and not eating properly. So at this point I do feel destined to be chubby....:cry:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Sure...even though I am short I have an incredibly large bone structure. I'll never be a tiny little thing. I've learned to be ok with that. My eating right and exercising is about being healthier and hopefully looking better will just tag along.

Do your best, try to be healthy, and most of all love yourself!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that I'm not destined to be anything!

If I want to be fit, I will exercise and eat right.
    If I want to have a good quality of life, I will exercise and eat right.
    If I want to be happy, I will manage stress without food or drugs.
    If I want to feel content, I will work on my relationships.
    If I want to feel successful, I will be content with who I am.
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way alot of times... like there is some cosmic pull or something which doesn't want me to be skinny. I just try my best to work against it. That's all I can do.
    *shrug*
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I feel that cosmic pull too. I used to be 'skinny' once when I was on weight watchers. It took me two years to lose 50 lbs and I did it but then a year later, I gained a whopping 60 lbs. *sigh*
    I have so far lost 3 lbs and I think its been like 3 months now on MFP. I am not discouraged from being healthier and more active but I think my heart and soul is just tired of this battle already. I look around work and life and see some people who are truly happy with their heavy weight (I am sure they have their own battles) and I wish I could be like that. No, instead I walk around looking like a permanent grump. I refuse to dress myself in flattering ways because I think nothing will look good on me because all I can see is rolls here, fat there, etc. etc.

I am definitely eating healthier again and now I am exercising 4-5x a week pulling in 400+ calories each time. Sometimes I feel like in order for me to lose any weight, do I have to work as hard as those people on Biggest Loser and if that is the case, I really do not have that in me.

Which just leads me back to my circle of thoughts... maybe I am just destined to be like this forever.