Can't believe it!!!!!!!

Options
Just can't help celebrating with you guys who can appreciate the journey we take to reach a healthier self!!!! 30 pounds!!! I have lost 30 pounds!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Truthfully, I was apprehensive when I started this adventure, but my blood pressure was starting to be a concern. I knew I wanted to lose some weight and I felt that keeping a journal might work for me, so I had visited a couple of sites online. I eventually came across MFP, and felt really comfortable with the design, the food diary, and also the emphasis on health.

For years I had thought I should "lose a couple" of pounds, but I didn't do anything so the scale kept going up. I came up with lots of excuses: when one ages one can expect to put on weight, or there are lots of overweight people in my family, or my heritage is heavier, or I'll do something about it tomorrow, etc etc etc. When I looked at the recommended weight tables, I thought, "Some diet program company must have created these numbers, because they are totally unrealistic!" I felt I knew better, and told myself that I would just lose enough to improve my blood pressure numbers. So I started with a goal of 10 pounds. And yes, when I reached that goal, my blood pressure started looking pretty good again. I was so relieved, and celebrated my blood pressure (without medication) numbers, but then I thought, "Well, this wasn't so bad. It was actually fun learning about new foods and recipes. Maybe I can take off another 5 pounds to lose a total of 15 pounds while I'm on a roll!" SO, I reset my goal; and when I met it, I reset the goal again to 20, and eventually to 25, and then to the TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE 30!

But I have reset it once more!! My new goal is to be included in the "healthy" category of weight tables! That means I have another 8 pounds to go, before researching how to "maintain" weight. I'm SO VERY GRATEFUL to this site and all the wonderful supporting people who come here. You leave your footprints for someone like me to follow. I hope that I can return the favor by posting this to give confidence to someone on this site who "doesn't believe" yet that they can successfully make this journey! I'm looking forward to wearing a DRESS for Easter this year!!!! haha And in June, there's a wedding and I'm already thinking about what to wear... :happy: Thanks again to everyone who inspired me along the way by your postings, and good luck to everyone on this site!!! Now I'm going to go out and celebrate this beautiful day!!! :smile:

Replies

• jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are a true inspiration to all of us who are following in your footsteps...keep up the great work! :smile:
  • LiveKind
    LiveKind Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow!!!! I'm going to go back and read your entry every time I feel like giving up. I just started a week ago....What an inspiration you are!!! Go-go-go!!!:happy:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Good job. Yep, the minigoals make it manageable. This site is so easy to use with so many choices for your calories. You do deserve to look and feel your best. :)
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    That's awesome. Keep up the hard work, way to go.
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Congratulations! This is why this site is goooooo good!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! CONGRATS! :drinker:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    How fantastic!!

Your post made me smile :happy:

Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and good luck for the rest of your journey :drinker:

Jax x
  • ants78
    ants78 Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: I am glad I read your post today, because I was determined to quit my excercise and diet routine. My goal is to lose 20 pds and so far I have only lost 4 pds. It seems like it took me forever to lose 4pds, know can you imagine 16 more pounds. You have inspired me not to quit and to keep going. Thank You and Congratulations
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Amazing -- THANK YOU for sharing!! What a way to start a weekend!! :happy:
  • Claudina
    Claudina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration to keep going (and, the reminder to check my BP, which I'm about to do now -- it had been going up, prehypertensive, and I've lost a little weight and started excercising but haven't seen if it's improved). :)
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic!

I am always amazed at the people here that loose large amounts of weight.
    I can only imagine how much better you feel. Physically and emotionaly .

30 pounds gone, you deserve to celebrate! Now go enjoy your bad self :flowerforyou:
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • roxannem
    roxannem Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratualations:flowerforyou:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!:flowerforyou:

I can relate to the part about doubting the weight charts! I feel like I could never be the suggested weight for my height... But having just lost thirty pounds myself, I realize that I'm going to feel SO MUCH BETTER as I get closer to that "silly" chart number.

Keep up the great work!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Way to go! keep up the good stuff :0)
  • fietsdebbie
    Options
    Great job and a great story to inspire us all. Making small goals and attaining them little by little is so important. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    That is amazing.. Keep it up =]
  • sadinas4
    sadinas4 Posts: 5
    Options
    Awwwwwsome job!!!!!!! My main reason for getting healthier and dropping some weight is to get my blood pressure under control and get off meds. Thanks for being an inspiration to us all.
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Wow, congratulations... What a great inspiring story, so glad you posted it. Keep it up....
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story and showing me that it can be done. I wish you well in reaching your new goal:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!