Good loss one week, not even a 100g the next?

Options
Hi,

I'm wondering if this happens to any of you.

Over the past four weeks, I've had the following losses:

wk1: 1.1kg
wk2: 0.4kg
wk3: 1.8kg
wk4: 0kg

Looking back at the last couple of weeks, I haven't done anything differently, with the exception of one day less of exercise over the past week.

I realise that weightloss goes up and down, but it is really disheartening to lose absolutely nothing after having worked so hard!

Does this happen to any of you?

Replies

• weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal, and if it bothers you, you are probably better off weighing every 2-4 weeks instead of weekly. Or, get better at looking at the big picture. Last week you lost almost 4 pounds--did what you did really make you "deserve" that big of a loss? I'm guessing the answer is no. Now, you are making up for it. Looking at your average losses, you are averaging right at 2 pounds per week which is on the high side.

I weigh daily and one thing that helps me with the ups and downs is I log my weight on my smartphone app Libra weight tracker. It averages out my numbers and smooths out the highs and lows and gives me my loss rate for the week, 2 weeks, month, 3 months, 6 months and year. It's really quite interesting and it helps to see that, okay, my average loss for the week was 0 but my average for the month is 1.3 lbs per week or whatever it says.
  • Carolina555
    Options
    thank you, really appreciate your response!

You're absolutely right