Hungry Girl

Options
So I found this book of Hungry Girl recipes at a friends apartment and I found myself copying these down by hand because the recipes seemed incredible for the cals. Anyone else heard of this book, used these recipes, etc? I'll share a recipe with ya'll that I thought was good since I crave these all the time:

Chili Cheese Nachos

7oz. baked tortilla chips
1 c low fat veggie or turkey chili
3/4 c salsa
1/2 c light soymilk
3 oz. fat free block cheddar cheese
1 wedge laughing cow original swiss cheese
2 Tbs fat free cream cheese
2 Tbs fat free sour cream

Place all the cheeses in a saucepan w/ soymilk. Heat over low heat stirring often until all the cheese has melted. Heat chili according to package directions. Microwave the chips until warm. Spread the chips on a platter and pour cheese over the chips. Top with chili. Spoon salsa and sour cream over the top.

(6 servings. Nurtritional Info: 216 cals. 3.5g fat. 671mg sodium, 36g carb, 4g fiber, 3g sugar, 13g protein)

Let me know if anyone has tried any of these, likes them, hates them, anything?

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I have the first book 200 meals under 200 calories and LOVE IT! I'm also an email subscriber. Almost all the recipes plus new ones are available online at HungryGirl.com!!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I also get the daily email. I'm going to be buying the books soon because I love the website so much!
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    Oooh! Thanks. That'll save me from copying each one by hand!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    her stuff is great but she is really likes to use artifical sweetners and meat subsitutes and egg beater which I can't feed my kids or husband that stuff- they wouldn't allow it.. . her desserts are great ideas too, might be able to get the kids to eat that stuff. cool ideas for sure thought!