Who wants to do a good deed!?!?

Options
My diary is public and not great!! Who wants to look at it and tell me how I can change some things like my macros to lose weight. I am 30 years old, breastfeeding a 9 month old, and trying to stay around 2000 calories a day to keep from having any supply issues. Can anyone help me out. I am in need of it. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• ourmaybebe
    ourmaybebe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Anybody?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Tack your sodium. You eat a lot of processed foods.

Change your macros to 40 carbs, and 30 for protein and fats.

Also, chips for breakfast??

Please add some healthier foods to your day. Fruits, veggies, etc.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Wowsa! 800 calories on chips? That's a whole lot of empty calories. Lose the junk - eat some veggies. One serving of chips is more than enough.
  • ourmaybebe
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few sample diet plans out there for breast feeding moms. Here's just a few links to help you get started and to help you add some more variety to your diet (chips and salsa for more than one meal a day isn't that great).

http://www.parenting.com/article/the-hungry-new-moms-diet-plan?page=0,2

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nutrition/resources/antenatal_brstfd.pdf

http://assets.babycenter.com/ims/Content/sample_meal_plan.pdf

Hope it helps!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not live by chips and salsa alone. I love those myself, but the salsa is high salt, and you don't need water weight to go what you're trying to accomplish.

Try some oatmeal or cereal. Veggies, for sure. :bigsmile:

Congrats on your baby. :drinker:
  • ourmaybebe
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I am wondering if I am taking in too many carbs... How many do you think is enough?
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You NEED to drink more fluids. I dried up with one of my babies due to not drinking enough. Is there a reason you do not drink milk?
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    An alternative to the chips and salsa (or chips in general) is to find some low sodium pita pockets, cut it into triangles. Each pita makes 16 triangles which is a good size of chips for a snack, brush ever so lightly with olive oil and bake in a 300*C oven for less than 5 minutes (till they start to brown or crisp) and then dip i hummus or you can make your own salsa.

My recipe for salsa is: 4 large hot house tomatoes (cut the top off and pull the seeds and juice out with your fingers), 2-4 jalepeno peppers, 1 whole white onion, a small bunch of spring onions (or cilantro if you prefer the minty taste), 1-2 tbsp lime juice (fresh is best) and a pinch of salt.

Cut the tomatoes, jalepenos and onions (or onion and cilantro) into the teeniest cubes you can, mix in lime juice and sprinkle on salt. Give it a good stir to coat with the lime juice and put in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. This makes enough salsa for a few sittings and is way better than a huge chunk of the storebought stuff.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Are you vegan or vegetarian? You didn't say it, but your diary doesn't show meat, fish, or dairy products. Are you still taking prenatal vitamins? Try adding some vegetables and fruits. Chips are quick snack, but they don't fill you up. Add fluids to your diet--water, tea, etc. Why did you determine 2000 calories? You might want to track your sodium and eat fewer processed foods.
    Good luck.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal will help keep your milk supply up
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Your calories seem to be ok. Just make sure not to go too low since you are breastfeeding.

Your protein could be higher. In general, it is recommended that folks who are dieting keep their protein intake at about 0.8 -1.0g per kg of body weight. It will help maintain your lean body mass. Your fat looks ok, so if you try to meet your fat and protein goals first, the carbs will be fine, even if you go over.
  • ourmaybebe
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone I never expected to see this many replies!

I am in the middle of storm Nemo and we did not plan ahead for this so I am eating whats on hand(chips/salsa/rice/beans/pasta/pasta sauce/nuts/raisins) until I can get back out on the road to go shopping. I was eating a lot of Chips and salsa before the storm but now I am really overdoing it...

We just switched over to vegan on January 13th. I have never been a huge milk drinker unless you count milkshake :(. We have almond milk I will have a glass today.

Thanks for the tip on calculating protein intake needs. Do you know how to calculate how many carbs I need?

I try to stay at 2000 calories because arouund that range I can still lose without tanking my supply.
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone I never expected to see this many replies!

I am in the middle of storm Nemo and we did not plan ahead for this so I am eating whats on hand(chips/salsa/rice/beans/pasta/pasta sauce/nuts/raisins) until I can get back out on the road to go shopping. I was eating a lot of Chips and salsa before the storm but now I am really overdoing it...

We just switched over to vegan on January 13th. I have never been a huge milk drinker unless you count milkshake :(. We have almond milk I will have a glass today.

Thanks for the tip on calculating protein intake needs. Do you know how to calculate how many carbs I need?

I try to stay at 2000 calories because arouund that range I can still lose without tanking my supply.

You don't need to calculate carbs. If you calculate the protein and fat, the rest will be carbs. So your focus is just to make sure you get enough protein and fat and let the carbs fall wherever they do. Sometimes you will see you are under your carb goal and sometimes over.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Tried to view the diary, but it isn't available anymore. No problem.

BUT I will make some suggestions. A nutritionist once told me to focus on lean/healthy proteins and the fats/carbs will take care of themselves.

It's okay to have chips/salsa or whatever snack you want, just try to have something protein first. Protein will stay with you longer, and you will likely start having less chips/salsa (which are carbs and will usually burn right off).

Try to incorporate greek yogurt into your diet (don't know if that's vegan or not - never done that - my apologies if it isn't "on the list" of possibilities). Lots of healthy enzymes for the tummy.

When I was pregnant, I had to have 4 servings of eggs/day to help keep the protien content up. When I got tired of scrambled eggs, the doctor's office suggested making a milkshake with them with a couple scoops of ice cream and a little chocolate syrup. They were actually pretty good, and you couldn't tell I was using egg-beaters!

For what it's worth - and good luck!
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think it is brilliant that you are logging now. I was a constant weight all my adult life. Put only 1 stone on during both my pregnancies but whilst breast feeding I figured out I could eat whatever I wanted without my figure changing then Bam
    After I stopped breast feeding I put on a stone And a half :(( it is much harder to lose it.
    Keep doing what you are doing and logging your food and slowly start to substitute healthy options for the naughty ones