Don't want to lose momentum, but...

sgsnow79
sgsnow79 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've recently been suffering from panic attacks, increased anxiety, and depression - due to a combination of life stressors and other possible causes.

I was recently put on Zoloft (50mg) and Clonopin, which has really helped my mood and ability to function! (I was becoming agoraphobic...no fun at all)

I've managed to lose a good amount of weight since Janaury and don't want the good trend to end due to anti-depressants.

Does anyone have a postitive story of being able to lose weight while on an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant? I feel that all I read about is the weight gain side effect! Any success stories while on medication would really help me feel more positive!

Thanks!

Sarah

Replies

• samsonov77
    samsonov77 Posts: 8 Member
    hey sarah :) i've been on Zoloft, Prozac, and now Celexa and have NEVER had any weight gain with any of them. Side effects totally vary from person to person (I've read a lot about how Celexa knocks you out and makes you tired...it does NONE of that tome).
    In fact , when I was on Zoloft I lost 15 pounds. And now that I'm on Celexa it's killed my appetite so I've lost weight again. So don't worry about gaining weight ! More important to get the other stuff under control...and worst case scenario they can switch medications for you if you notice any bad side effects.

GOOD LUCK Sarah!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.