Who needs cauliflower? (Broccoli Pizza Crust - with pic)

Options

Replies

• irishafrican
    Options
    Definitely going to be having this for dinner tonight!!! Looks absolutely lush, thanks for sharing!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I had trouble getting the crust to get crispy with the cauliflower because of moisture in the cauliflower the middle gets soggy. I am going to try this recipe perhaps the Broccoli crust will not have the same problem. Was the crust completely crisp or was it soggy in the middle?

I fixed the problem of the soggy by replacing the cauliflower crust with broccoli as a topping and then subbing pizza dough for the cauliflower.
  • brooke64
    brooke64 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
    Looks amazing!
  • C0ffeeBreak
    C0ffeeBreak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Looks great, will need to try. Thanks.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    What consistency is the 2% mexican cheese? I'm wondering if we have a similar thing here in the UK.
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I've tried the cauliflower crust pizza and enjoyed it but I wondered with broccoli would work as well. I will definitely be trying this!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I had trouble getting the crust to get crispy with the cauliflower because of moisture in the cauliflower the middle gets soggy. I am going to try this recipe perhaps the Broccoli crust will not have the same problem. Was the crust completely crisp or was it soggy in the middle?

I fixed the problem of the soggy by replacing the cauliflower crust with broccoli as a topping and then subbing pizza dough for the cauliflower.

150632d1259177674-all-you-poor-stoners-out-there-cheap-food-list-guiness-brilliant-.jpg
  • mabledog
    mabledog Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

I approve of this plan. It worked for me too
  • Dotyfahed
    Dotyfahed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yum!!!
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks for posting!
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I just did this using part-skim Italian cheese and it was one of the best tasting pizza crusts I've ever had. I can't even view it as a "pizza replacement" because it really is a viable pizza.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    AND it's pretty! Nicely done :)
  • astroteej81
    Options
    Looks tasty!! My wife and I LOVE cauli crust pizza.

One tip that we found was to (carefully) flip the crust after the first 20 mins and cook for another 20 before adding the toppings and broiling to finish. Generally takes us both to do this, but we have found it helps to dry out the crust more and make it less crumbly and more crusty. :-)

Happy eating!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome! I would bet that shredded parmesan mixed with the broccoli and eggs would make a crispy crust version (parm will turn crispy after melting). I have got to try this!

drooling
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm, nom!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome. Would be a great crust alternative as a base for veggie or white pizza. I might try this tonight.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This looks incredible, especially the single slice photo :))) NOM!