Walk-Eat/Eat-Walk

Options
I have an hour for lunch, I can eat in 20 minutes. Should I eat and walk afterwards or walk and then eat?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't think it'll make much difference...
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I always walk first..........cuz I'm tired when I'm done and it's more relaxing that way for me. If I eat first, I get caught up in conversation and don't want to leave to walk. So I always walk first to get it out of the way and nothing interfere.
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would walk first, simply because when I walk immediately after eating, I get cramps more easily during the walk.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I walk first because if I eat first, then I usually don't want to walk plus the possibility of a tummy ache...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Up to you. Doesn't matter.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I would walk and then it, but that's because I don't like exercising after eating.

Try and both ways and see which you prefer.
  • Smoothroz
    Smoothroz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just find it easier to exercise first...then eat afterwards.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I actually walk 30 of my 60 minute break first then eat. I find it makes me less hungry.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Today I ate first then walked about 1 1/2 miles and I did get a little bit of cramps.

Thanks for the advice! Monday its walk first then eat!!
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I always walked first. One, to get it out of the way, two, I know I wouldn't push as hard with a full stomach and three, I get fuller after I walk and as a result, don't eat as much at lunch! Hope this helps!