Replies

• chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hey, my LO just turned 1 month today and I also have a three yo
  • snowshoermom
    snowshoermom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have 3 boys... 11, 3 and 4 month old. Breastfeeding 4 month old ... Anyone feel free to add me. I need more moms that know how crazy life can get with kids and breastfeeding...
  • nld410
    nld410 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    New mom. 5 mo. old son. Exclusively breastfeeding. Can we start a group?
  • nld410
    nld410 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Any and all BFing moms are welcome to friend me. I have 8 children. All have been BFed and I am still BFing (at this moment) my 16 month old.

You are my hero :)
  • blackrabbits
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP and am currently EBF my five month old. I have 6 kids (8,7,5,4,20m,5m) and would love to connect with other breastfeeding mamas to help reach our weight loss goals :)
  • MissKayGee
    Options
    Hi! I am nursing my 2.5 month old....I pump while at work and nurse him in evenings! I would love to offer and gain some support from some other nursing mama's! Enjoy the day!
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mommy of 7 ages 8 and down. I am currently nursing my one year old twins. I also nursed my 5 other children.The OP and I are already friends, but any of the other mommies feel free to add me.

(It is nice to see so many nursing mamas!)
  • zephtalah
    Options
    I have a 7 month old.. : whos starting to bite ow!

That is the worst :(

Or looking around the room while still latched on tight. That really hurts!

Mine currently try to put each other in a head lock with their legs and pull the other off while nursing or they reach over and try to steal the other ones boob out of his mouth. It would be easier to nurse one at a time, but when I do that the other stands at my lap crying because he isn't getting nursed. It would be highly comical if it was happening to someone else.:wink:
  • courtneykrueger
    Options
    I am exclusively bfing my nearly 5 month old! Anyone feel free to add me! I would love to see what you all are eating :P lol
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm a first-time mom with a 71/2 month old and am breastfeeding also. Looking for support from other moms in the same boat. My little one has two bottom and just cut his two top teeth...sometimes he bites too!
  • kdh052111
    kdh052111 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding a 3 month old boy. While I love it, part of me wants my old body back.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have natural term fed all my children and am on my last now, she is 4. I am also 1 module off qualification as a breastfeeding counsellor. You are all awesome women!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm BFing my 3 month old daughter :) Did the same for my son til he was 11 months old.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding a 3 month old boy. While I love it, part of me wants my old body back.

It's not breastfeeding that affects your body but pregnancy. Well except the boobs! The only time I have had any boob is in the early months of feeding ( :cries: at A cups :( )
  • NiennaGrey1
    Options
    I am breastfeeding my almost 20 month-old son. No plans to wean any time soon (I am a believer in child-lead weaning). Breastfeeding has increased my appetite and now I am looking to make better choices and finally lose this weight! I'm glad to know there are other nursing mamas to look to for support!:wink:
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm Amanda and I am currently expecting number 3 due April 9th! :) Who will be breastfed! :) Feel free to add me! :)
  • Degren
    Degren Posts: 80
    Options
    I am currently breastfeeding my third child, who is 3 months old. My question is, "How do you account for the breastfeeding calories on your MFP?" I know that breastfeeding moms burn about 500-1000 extra calories per day, especially when the baby is young. Do you add them as exercise? Do you just manually increase your goal calories?
  • zephtalah
    Options
    I usually log it under food. You can do it as exercise or just change your goals. If you're concerned about macros then one of the latter two would fit better. I just don't want to see a post everyday "Zephtalah burned x amount of calories breastfeeding." Nothing wrong with it just not my preference. When I was readjusting for the babies being a little older and eating more solids I manually adjusted my calories, but the what you weigh in 5 weeks thing was a little frustrating since it didn't take that into consideration. Not that it really matters, but again preference. Hope that helps. :)
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me! I have 3 kids and my youngest just turned a year old last month. Still breastfeeding. I'll be on here for a year in March and have had great success although I still have about 20lbs to loose! I'll get there :)
  • olywamama
    Options
    Wonderful to see so many nursing Mamas!

Looking for some wonderful individuals to help keep me motivated, so please feel free to friend me. :)

I have nursed both my kids (one of the best things about being a mommy!) and practice child-led weaning.