Building a squat booty

Options
I've always been blessed with a big *kitten* but over the last couple of years, I've been working hard to build a bigger butt.

Back at the start of 2011 it was just a big, flabby mess :( but I'm loving it now! Built with a regular prescription of red meat & squats :D

728892680-cd6cedf7e69a6787b2679af6e1cbc291.51156750-scaled.jpg

Anyone else working hard to get a squat booty? I'm still trying to grow mine even more!

Replies

• EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You definitely are building a squat booty! I have just recently started doing squats as well to build mine. How long before you started to see results? Keep up the good work!
  • unicornhug
    unicornhug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Ive been doin squats too! Woo! I second that ^ How long before you started to see change? Its been 2 weeks for me and sometimes I thinkkkk I see change.
  • blullb
    blullb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started the holiday squatathon in November and was so pleased with the results by Christmas that i decided i was gonna continue to do squats forever!!! I have now added lunges and deadlifts. The combo of these 3 things has really lifted my rear and i am stoked about this cuz im heading to Huatulco next week and bought some cheeky bikini bottoms:) Stick to it girls, they really do pay off!!! I would say i started to notice after about 6 weeks.
  • missrenahope
    missrenahope Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Love this! Definitely shows that the squats are worth it. Great job.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! :smokin:

Going to do some right now...:wink:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yeah me :) bulgarian split squats really target the glutes, I do those as well as regular squats, and going up and down stairs a lot (2 at a time, quite often carrying shopping and my almost 3 yr old up the stairs)
  • talilakay2
    talilakay2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great transformation :) squats are one of my favourite exercises! Can't wait til it starts to pay off :)
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    squats , they kill me and make me XD haha it is so efficient
  • Justagirl1978
    Justagirl1978 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I noticed positive difference in about 6-8 weeks, this was a progress picture after 3 months. Obviously there was fat loss too...

254021_10150283000884369_258966_n.jpg
  • keepsakesbyconny
    keepsakesbyconny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SILLY - I know... but at work, everytime I have to go to the bathroom, I do 10 squats! Figure I go 6-7 times (with drinking all this water) thats 60-70 squats a day!!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    SILLY - I know... but at work, everytime I have to go to the bathroom, I do 10 squats! Figure I go 6-7 times (with drinking all this water) thats 60-70 squats a day!!

LMAO that is a good idea! i am going to start doing that lol
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    This is utter brilliance!
  • Justagirl1978
    Justagirl1978 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Squats are definitely THE exercise you want to be doing if you want to build a bigger booty, along with lunges, step ups, deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts, split squats with a raised foot, walking lunges, glute ham raises, etc.

Obviously, you also have to be eating sufficiently to build a bigger *kitten*. I favour lots of red meat :D

579821_10151505986189369_1576337536_n.jpg
  • XAVTAY2
    Options
    Love the bottom would like to build mine...nothing is more sad than to be an African American and have all of your relatives with a nice butt and I have ....NONE! I am going to do something about it.... Great work
  • imonlyblessed
    imonlyblessed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love the bottom would like to build mine...nothing is more sad than to be an African American and have all of your relatives with a nice butt and I have ....NONE! I am going to do something about it.... Great work

Don't feel bad. You are not the only one with that problem LOL.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm trying to perk mine a little bit :P I have a big-ish butt to begin with, but could always use a bit more perk in it :) I'm lucky it hasn't turned into flat pancake since I sit around most of the day (at work and home...). Good genes! But now I'm more active and working on it^^

your butt looks great in those pics btw! great results!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Squats are definitely THE exercise you want to be doing if you want to build a bigger booty, along with lunges, step ups, deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts, split squats with a raised foot, walking lunges, glute ham raises, etc.

Obviously, you also have to be eating sufficiently to build a bigger *kitten*. I favour lots of red meat :D

579821_10151505986189369_1576337536_n.jpg

You look great, OP! Super booty! I favour squats, red meat, and round booties too! :flowerforyou:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    you forgot 1 leg elevated bridges and 1 leg squats and dead lifts
    anything targeting the hamstrings makes a huge difference along with buildiing up the glute exercises.
    I also sit differently to prevent flatness. if you have a desk job you can ask to use an exercise ball instead of a chair part of the day,
    or sit on those balance discs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!