sugar cravings

Options
Hi all!
Looking for tips on how to beat sugar cravings, or wean myself of it. I have zero willpower right now, feel physically and mentally drained and eating sugar makes me feel comforted but I know im trapped in a nasty cycle with it :( trying to eat more fruit, fresh and dried but still craving it like mad!

Replies

• cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth! Here are a couple of things that have helped me:

• I allow myself to have treats as long as they are in my cal budget. One way to do this is to pair healthy stuff with the bad. For instance, cheesecake and blackberries- delicious!! I eat less of the bad that way.
    • Work out: I crave sweets when I am stressed. When I work out, I deal with my stress better which means that I do not crave the sweets as much
    • Don't drink pop. It makes me crave sweets and I feel so hungary when I do.

Feel free to look at my diary. I definitely get my sweets in, but they do not dominate my diet like they used to. Good luck! Give it time, the cravings do start to subside.
  • kookykel
    kookykel Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks. I will check out your diary! It wouldn't be so bad if i had the motivation to exercise then i could burn off some of those suagary calories...just haven't found an exercise i enjoy and am short on time...excuses i know lol