How can I make cardio on the treadmill more interesting?

2»

Replies

• bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    I have the same issue, so I started bringing magazines on the treadmill with me along with my mp3 blasting in my ears. I love it because after I thumb through 3 magazines, 45 min. just flew past me and I didn't even realize it. I always grab 3 magazines, one on health and fitness, one on celebrities, and one on fashion. NEVER grab a cooking magazine. By the time you're done thumbing through it, you're starving and depressed. Keep it on what interest you most.

I've also brought a pen and pad of paper and spent the whole time writting down list's. Things to do, people to call, places to go, or even projects around the house that you've always wanted to get to but never did.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Hi, since TV, Ipod and audio books are the most obvious, how about getting on the phone and chatting. If you're walking, you should be able to hold a conversation without losing your breath. J

I wouldn't suggest talking on the phone. One to be getting an actual cardio workout you should not be able to carry on a normal conversation. Then two if you are at a gym nothing is more annoying to others working out than someone yapping away on their cell phone. Not trying to be rude but other people do not want to hear your conversations.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    cardio coach!

there are 8 different workouts and the "trainer" Sean O'Malley has a great voice, he doesn't talk a lot, just at the right places to keep you going and the music is great! Motivating and I never tire of these workouts.

cardiocoach.com :wink:
This discussion has been closed.