Goofy Americans!

Options
13»

Replies

• mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    <<American but well traveled and intelligent enough to admit that there are days I wish I wasn't.

Canadians: Man, I love you guys, you're hysterical. If it wasn't for the cold and the French that I can't speak worth a lick, I'd move. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: PS: My dad says when the you know what hits the fan here, we're all bundling up and heading north. We'll have to knock out my mom and my boyfriend since they voted for Mexico but you guys are way closer and way more stable.

And, yes, America is goofy... what kind of goofy depends on what part you're in. :laugh: :wink:
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Goofy American right here, and I wouldn't change that for nothing! :tongue:
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I used to be a goofy American, but that all changed in high school. My parents bought one of those giant, 1980's type satellite dishes, and all it would pick up was the CBC. So I spent my formative years watching Degrassi, and MuchMusic. I learned what it was to call someone a "ratbag" (from some movie I don't remember), and developed a fixation on girls that say "Aboot". My idea of a perfect date is moose hunting the wilds of Manitoba, and then back to the cabin for a cold Molson and a steamy plate of poutine. I still live in America, but my heart is decidedly further north.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I live in America but spend much of the winter surrounded by Canadian "snowbirds" who come down to enjoy our beautiful weather, endless sunshine, and to take all of the parking spots at the grocery store.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Only in 'merica can we have an obesity epidemic and a skinny jean fad at the same time. lol.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    They think us Aussies ride around on kangaroos al day...

Oh, we do! I promise!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I may be a goofy American but I'd be goofy no matter WHERE I lived.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Only in 'merica can we have an obesity epidemic and a skinny jean fad at the same time. lol.

And that's one reason that the "People of Wal-Mart" site is SO funny.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    They think us Aussies ride around on kangaroos all day...

Oh, we do! I promise!

I was there!!! And not once did I get to ride a kangaroo :(
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    How about we stop stereotyping and one-upping other countries and start treating each other as equals on the only planet we have. It just annoys me how America is constantly being bashed. I know why and I can't blame others but seriously. All countries have horrible people in it. Not one country has a higher percentage of better people in it than others. I wish more of us would start thinking globally so we can all function as one unit.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm British and have straight teeth :noway:
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There was a coke commercial about perfect harmony (around the world). I always loved that commercial and wondered why that was not possible. Or was that a song? Oh well, I could get along with anyone from anywhere. No one is better than anyone else, and no one is beneath anyone else. I have always believed that no matter where you live, how rich or poor, or how smart or not so smart (hate to say dumb), you are still my equal. And we should all live together in perfect harmony. (Wishful thinking)