Curves workout

Options
I work out at Curves which is strength training and cardio. There was no place to put it, so I put it in with cardio-circuit training, general and put 400 calories down. The only problem is that I'm not putting anything down in the strength training. Is there a way to put curves in there for strength training? Thanks!

Replies

• valleyp
    valleyp Posts: 49
    Options
    What I found (by looking in the FAQ section) is that, because there are so many variables in strength training that affect calorie burn (ie, the number of sets, amount of weight lifted, time spent doing workout, what you do between sets, etc.) that when you enter it into the strenght training catagory, it doesn't give you anything for calories burned. I use the Curves Smart program and the computer keeps track of your calories burned and I enter that amount in the cardio section. You can also go into the exercise section, click on "my exercise" and then create your own exercise and put your Curves workout there but you still have to enter it into either cardio or strength training.
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also go to a circuit workout place. There's an exercise already in the database called "general circuit" (or maybe circuit, general). That's what I've been using. It shows 386 calories for 45 minutes.
  • Bete
    Bete Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks! That's what I've done. Just put it in the cardio in the circuit training-general. Just making sure I did that right :)
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One of the other ladies at my circuit workout place told me that the calories burned were much greater than the 386 (or 376) this database has in it for 45 minutes of work. More like 300 per 10 minute circuit/round. However, it must depend on how many reps are performed at each station, heartrate, etc. I would rather err on the conservative side and accept the 386 or 376...or whatever it is. I have achieved good results just by tracking my activities and calories and making small adjustments. I love this web site!!