Question about serving size????

Options
clneary
clneary Posts: 55 Member
I have a crockpot chicken and dumpling recipe but it doesnt say the serving size so i dont know how to put in to get the calories

it is off of Crocking Girls...

3 1/2 chicken breast
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can of chicken broth
1 cup onion chopped
i added 1 can of peas and carrots
4 grand rolls

i have no clue of the serving so i cant figure out the cals thanks for any help

Replies

• mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Plug it into the recipe builder on here, and then in the serving box, put how many servings you WANT it to be. 8 servings? 10? 6? It will do the dividing for you. Then just make sure you split your actual meal into that many pieces and note how many pieces you eat.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'd guess at 4 servings because of the 4 rolls. Also, eyeballing the ingredients, it looks like enough for 4 servings with veggies or salad on the side (if necessary).
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Based on the 4 Grand Rolls I'm going to say 4 servings.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I guess Plexgut types faster than I do. :smile:
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Slightly archaic, but either measure it out in cups or weigh it on a scale and divide the serving units into the calorie allotments that you desire.
  • dstuttgen
    Options
    Plug it into the recipe builder on here, and then in the serving box, put how many servings you WANT it to be. 8 servings? 10? 6? It will do the dividing for you. Then just make sure you split your actual meal into that many pieces and note how many pieces you eat.

There's a recipe builder on here? I haven't found that yet. Could be very handy!

Ciao, Dan
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe builder on here? I haven't found that yet. Could be very handy!

Ciao, Dan
    [/quote]
    When you go to enter your food there is a tab that says recipes, click on that and to the right it says add recipe
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I guess Plexgut types faster than I do. :smile:

:laugh:
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love the recipe thing here. I use it a lot when cooking my traditional recipes that I don't have nutrition info for.

Just remember when entering items, use the whole amount you are putting in the recipe, not just one serving portion. Then, based on the number of servings the recipe makes, it will divide it so the calories will be based on each serving. :)
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    When I make something with multiple ingredients, I just take the time to do the math once. All the cans and rolls and what not have size and nutrition values on them- so write down the cals, fats, proteins, etc. Go to a site like CalorieKing and get the cals in a cup of onion, etc...
    I add it all up - see how much I have (weigh it) and then divide it onto portions. If my pot weighs 2lbs (32oz) then I can divide all those numbers by 4, and know how much is in each of 4 8oz. portions. Just takes a little time in the beginning... but you only have to do it once!
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just used the recipe builder...OMG! SO awesome! Why have I been doing all that ^^^ work?! I just entered my potato leek soup which I'll be making again this weekend... it was so easy! If you build dishes-- you MUST try the recipe builder! YAY!!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

This website will help. just cut and paste that recipe into the box and click analyze. Then divide the total by how many servings the recipe yields. Voila!
  • dstuttgen
    Options

Ciao, Dan
    When you go to enter your food there is a tab that says recipes, click on that and to the right it says add recipe
    [/quote]

Oh snap, there it is. Thank you too much!

ciao