Need motivation D;

Options
So i live with my parents. We all have to share a car and my dad works allllll day and has the car and i dont have friends LOL. So since i can't go to the gym I went and ordered myself a stationary bike. It works fine and everything except it is soooo mind numbing. Every minute feels like 10. Incredibly boring, even with the TV on. Any ideas on how to make it less dull? :(

My other source of exercise is Just Dance 4 haha. But I always get paranoid like my mom is watching me or something and I don't like people watching me. Plus i'd rather my bike i spent money on go to waste. How do you make stationary exercising more fun?

Replies

• ameliaisobel
    Options
    okay, don't watch tv, it is bad for you, seriously, you concentrate on neither thing and your brain gets too much useless information. i love my workout playlist, and also the fitspo tag on tumblr is amazing. find something you love to do, and adapt it to work when you're on the bike. I like to watch youtube videos, or do equally mind numbing things like revision and coursework.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Motivation has to come from within yourself. How much to do want to be fit and healthy?????
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing stationary exercising because it's boring and I felt like my body was getting way too used to it to be effective. So now I'm doing P90X and it's great and keeps me interested the whole time. I think you need to find something that works for you, and it seems like this isn't working. Maybe try a workout DVD like me.

Cheers!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The previous 2 posters have said it all really.
    A workout playlist is key to making your workouts more fun. Find upbeat songs that get you going - think about the dance floor of a club or motivating songs like Eye of the Tiger. Go on iTunes and search for a workout album - there's plenty out there.

There's plenty of motivation here on the boards but the best motivation comes from within. Don't worry about being looked at - if they're looking at you, do your thing and show them that you're doing this amazing thing by working out!
  • natashalynnx
    natashalynnx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way!! I do fitnessblender/BeFit workout videos in my room at night so that I know no one is watching, lol. Have you tried listening to really upbeat music? That is usually what keeps me feeling like dancing and jumping around.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Also, why not try doing 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels. There are 3 levels and each lasts for 10 days and only takes 20 - 25 mins and the results are amazing with everyone who tries it. All three levels are available on You Tube, so you can take your computer up to your room to do it, away from prying eyes.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    okay, don't watch tv, it is bad for you, seriously, you concentrate on neither thing and your brain gets too much useless information. i love my workout playlist, and also the fitspo tag on tumblr is amazing. find something you love to do, and adapt it to work when you're on the bike. I like to watch youtube videos, or do equally mind numbing things like revision and coursework.

There is a lot of contradiction here... Don't watch tv because "your brain gets too much useless information" but watch youtube or "equally mind numbing things". How is watching youtube video's better then watching tv?
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue on the treadmill, but I put together a playlist and if I can't sing along, I walk/jog/run to the beat. I killed almost 2.5 hours today on the treadmill doing it, it was a lot more fun than it sounds lol and I'm a musician so maybe I'm just easily amused by stuff like that :P Might be worth a try!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Why "Can't" you go to the gym? Why cant you go for a run, or walk? Why cant you._____________________?

Stop with the excuses. You either want it or you dont.