How often do you take your measurements?

Options
I used to weigh myself once a week but am doing a lot more lifting now and sometimes it freaks me out if the scale doesn't show downward progress... So I've decided to ignore the scale and focus on my measurements. About how often do you measure yourself? I was thinking every two weeks but doesn't seem like much time to see change. Then again, once a month seems like a long time to wait in between to see progress. Thoughts?

Replies

• TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly & measure monthly.
  • The_Sue
    The_Sue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I measure every four weeks. :)
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Twice a month! In the beginning, and middle.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a lot of weight training too. I weigh myself probably twice a day to get familiar with the fluctuations but I only record weight and measurements once a week. And my measurements have been going down even if the scales haven't (or sometimes increased!).
    Oh and I also take photos once a month.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    This reminds me that I really need to get back into measuring....Thanks! :laugh:
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly and measure monthly. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I also take pics once a month (thinking about doing it weekly) in my bikini so I can see progress...even if it's not being made on the scale!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    monthly
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I do it once a month! If I feel that maybe my clothes are getting tighter then I'll go ahead and measure again just to see and I'll reassess to see what I'm doing wrong. But see what works best for you and gives you the most satisfaction!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Weigh and Measure monthly :happy:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    once a month