Sugars

Options
Seems like my MPF goal of 24 grams of sugars for my 1,200 calorie diet is too low. I can't seem to keep them under the target if I even just have a fruit and a small yogurt. I thought the recommended daily limit is closer to 65 grams. Does anyone know?

Replies

• lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I was getting ready to post the same thing.

I have read in other posts that natural sugars from fruit convert to carbs and someone said they deducted them from their daily sugar count because it's really the processed sugar that counts - but I really have no idea if this is right or wrong.

Hopefully someone can enlighten us. :smile:
  • brendamac464
    brendamac464 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I could think of them that way and while I agree I do need to watch my sugars I wonder why they have the limits set so low? And is it just me or are the limits for sodium crazy high? Seems like I'd need to frequent a salt lick before they reached that allotted number.
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I actually checked around a few websites when I first started and the counts seem to be the normal recommended daily allowances for a 1200 calorie diet. But I agree - when you eat a lot of fresh fruit - impossible to stay under on the sugars. I've had a few bad days on sodium, but usually that's not an issue for me. Go figure. :ohwell: