Supper/Lunch

Eating healthy every meal is a main goal for me using this. Any suggestions as far as meals go along the healthy side.

Replies

• Wolfe1759
    Wolfe1759 Posts: 81 Member
    The Nerd and I eat a lot of our meals from the Jamie Oliver Meals in Minutes cookbook - - I tend to bring leftovers from dinner the night before with me to the office as lunch. :-)
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Simple meals.

Colorful salad
    protein source--egg or egg whites, chicken, tuna, salmon
    Luv me some carbs. Rice cake, low carb tortilla, or baked tortilla chips
    Homemade soup
    black beans
    rice
    quionoa
    chickpeas
    frozen veggies -- so easy.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    a quick lil healthy meal i like is baked fish, steamed broccoli, and brown or wild rice
  • One of my go to meals is taco salad. I brown the meat (ground chicken, beef or turkey, whatever you have on hand), drain the fat, then put in the spices- cayenne pepper, paprika, onion powder (sometimes I sautee an onion first instead), and garlic powder. I use the spices instead of pre-made packet b/c the packets have so much sodium in them. I chop up mushrooms very finely then add that in with the cooked meat. Then cook for another 5 min or so. I use tortilla chips as the base for my taco salad, then add the meat, spinach, chopped red pepper, tomatos and salsa.

Another fave is browning meat, adding chopped up zucchini and tomatos, a little tomato paste, and some spices. Sautee it all together. It's quick and low cal plus lots of flavor.