Looking to buy a heart rate monitor... need help!

Options
I have seen the fit bit / jawbone up online. Not sure which other ones are out there. But just some input would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Nessa0506
    Options
    I like the Polar FT40. About $100 but great fitness tool
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is not a heart rate monitor. It is a pedometer. For HRMs stick with Polar or Timex if you're on a budget.
  • in_this_generation
    Options
    Bump
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use the Wahoo Bluetooth HRM that syncs with an iPhone/Android app called Digifit. I love it!
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz.com has $10 coupons for Ormon
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use my Fitbit to track daily steps, flights of stairs, and sleeping. LOVE that thing.

Then I have a Polar FT60 HRM that I use to track my workouts. It's pretty good so far, although you have to buy a separate sync station thingie if you want to get the data onto your computer, and I haven't found the web-based interface to be all that informative for a HRM newbie like me. I also haven't bothered reading the manual because I've at least figured out the critical stuff I want to know up front.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT 60 and love it. One of the best health / fitness investments I made.
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    GSI Super Quality Heart Rate Monitor Watch and Transmitter Chest Belt:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y9CMGY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

This one, seriously this has been exactly what I needed for a HRM, it is affordable, precise, comfortable, YOU CAN REPLACE THE BATTERY IN THE CHEST BELT, and its simple.

It even beeps to your pulse!

$25 shipped!
  • ghost2012
    Options
    polar F7
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 that I got from heart rate monitors USA online- was $66 with free shipping - took less than a week for me to receive it. I love it. I wear it daily to do my jogs and my workout DVD's
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 is $44 online at Sears.
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    I have a polar heart rate monitor that syncs with digifit, which syncs with fitbit, which syncs with myfitnesspal. It makes life easy!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I also bought the Polar FT40 99 dollars on amazon, it is easy to use, I like it. The booklet they send is a bit sparse, but easy to figure out. I like the watch comes in white.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT 7, and I love it! I do not work out without it.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 or Ft7 are both very good and affordable. I have heard that Timex can be a bit inaccurate for some women, but is accurate for men. My hubby has used the FT7 for a couple of years without any trouble, and I have the F4. We are both very happy with them, and use them frequently. Check Ebay or Amazon to get some good deals. Or if Sears has them for $44, that is great!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT7 and I love it!
  • smorgan318
    smorgan318 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes - I thought the booklet that came with it wasn't very useful. However, I went to their website www.polarusa.com and looked up the FT40 manual. The one they have online has info on how to do everything. Just FYI!

:)
  • kimberly728
    Options
    i bought the polar ft4 from www.pedometerusa.com for $60 this morning.
  • zzzzdoc
    Options
    I have a polar heart rate monitor that syncs with digifit, which syncs with fitbit, which syncs with myfitnesspal. It makes life easy!

What steps do you have to go through to have all that syncing? Do you have to manually sync to digifit? Or fitbit? or Myfitnesspal? Or does everything happen automatically wirelessly?

Thanks.